View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2022, 07:25 PM

Re: Transfer Hoster from one laptop to another

[quote=Roy Dennis;138267]When you say (Then delete Hoster from my current computer before I do anything to the new computer?)
Dont just delete it, you must uninstall while on line, this will free up your registation to allow registering your new computer.
If you just delete Hoster the records wont show it has been removed.
If your music files were originally on your C drive and now you want them on your external you might be better using the edit dialog and select the (my drive letter has changed option)
You may find it better to copy all your music files to the external before uninstalling, then use the edit my drive letter has changed again before uninstalling, then check Hoster runs from that drive ok.
Once you know that works create your backup, then uninstal.
Then when you restore it should know where all your files are.

sorry I get lost in all these post. I followed these direction exactly so I don\\\'t know why it didn\\\'t work. I tried changing the drive letters like you said that didn\\\'t work neither nor did repairing.
When I go to import songs I get two message one saying You have chosen not to add MP3 Encoder support at this time.
If you would like to do this at some point in the future,
just click \\\"OK\\\". Otherwise, check the box below, and you
will not be asked again.Don\\\'t know if I should just check that, then I get a message saying the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
C:\\\\users\\\\melki\\\\appdata\\\\local\\\\temp\\\\MTUGetLame.exe

After I get past that I can rescan all the individual folders and re-import. I though I could do it all at once but that won\\\'t work. If I recall there is a 99 limit??