View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarwin View Post
Solid logic, glad you're not a support rep.

The box is updated with respect to the CDrom drivers. Check your own box, I'll bet your cdrom drivers date back to 2001. These are bog-standard drivers provided by Microsoft.

[device manager -> expand dvd/cdrom drives -> pick one and right click on it -> properties -> driver tab -> see the date]

Out of courtesy I visited the MS update page. They had nothing for me, other than updates to things like outlook express & windows media player which I dont use, and other random bits like my saitek keyboard. The did have a driver update for my Nvidia NForce audio codec so i applied that.

Anyway, taking this through the support channel.
Drivers are not the only thing to check. CD/DVD drives also have what is called Firmware that is also updated by the manufacturers and more frequently than the drivers. For those you may need to go to the drive manufacturer's website to find them.

Quote:
I also been having the same problem with Micro Studio, Songverter having to fix the registry after install and also all my other programs that access CD/ROM.
This sounds like a computer/Windows problem.
Do you have NetFrame installed?
Updates to Media Player are important too and can affect the drives too.

And I am a computer support rep, but not for MTU. I am sorry if you didn't like the first part of my response, but it was true and I did offer some suggestions to start off. Most problems people have are because their computers are not up to date.