View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2016, 10:31 AM
VIP

Re: Importing New Mp3+g Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisinger View Post
Hi Walt,

thank you for your reply and explaining the kma/kmh files. From day dot, I've always just used kma files. I can only say that's how I've always done it, and certainly not because I decided to do it that particular way haha it just happened that way.

Q.1. Does Hoster use the kma files or the cgd+g files to play the song?
Q.2. If I was to delete all my kma files, will Hoster still work?
Q.3. How does Hoster work with kmh files?

At the moment, I now have kma files(in a sperate folder), & kmh files with all my cdg files.
Q.4. Whats your advise?
* Do I delete one lot and just use the other?
* If so, which one would you advise me to use? kma or kmh?

Thank you again Walt for your help, I really appreciate what you guys do

Lani
The kma files are stand alone. They do not need anything else for them to play. They contain the audio and video files.

As far as deleting what you have, I don't know what to tell you based on the info you provided. The cdg files are just the video (lyrics) portion of the song. They need an audio file to go with them such as mp3. Unless you are running out of disk space, I don't see the need to delete your kma files since they are already part of Hoster and have been indexed into your database as such. The KMH file stores with the CDG and MP3 for example, as a reference to these files for Hoster to recognize them and use very little disk space. If you have zipped files they contain the CDG and MP3 files and if used with KMH they are referenced by the KMH as well.

I only use KMH now because as mentioned earlier, they save so much disk space. At one time when importing cdg disk, KMA was the only option. With later versions of Hoster you have options as to what type of file you want these imports to be. When I import CDG disks now I import them as mp3+g which are audio and graphics files and they are associated by KMH files instead of the KMA. I hope I have answered your questions and explained things clearly.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.