View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Re: KHPRO Text not showing Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by orerockon View Post
This is not true. I too had this problem with my NIVDIA GEForce 8800 GTX and purchased and installed KHP version 5.00 to try to get the program to work in Windows 7 x64. It does not fix the problem. None of us can "roll back driver" if the driver we have installed is the only one we ever installed on our OS. The oldest driver available for the NVIDIA cards on their website is dated July 21, 2009. When I installed that driver, the problem was not solved. I have a dual-boot system and the program does not work under XP Pro SP3 with the original driver that came with the card (this driver does not work under Win 7 since it is not a 64-bit driver).

Using the cop-out that the NVIDIA drivers are somehow "bad" as stated in the help topic referenced above is an excuse for not wanting to deal with advanced graphics cards (I must have a CUDA-capable card for other software to run effectively). I have at least 50 programs installed on this PC and NONE of them have ever had any problem with the NVIDIA card. Now I apparently stuck with a $25 upgrade (after clicking on the "$10 upgrade" button in the MTU store, then at checkout the price mysteriously changes to $25) that won't function under any circumstances on this PC.

If someone has an _effective_ solution for this problem I would like to know what it is. And while I am at it, what is the "older NVIDIA driver" referenced in the help topic? it isn't the driver that is on the CD that came with the card (which doesn't work in Win 7 x64 anyway). Name of the installation file, please, or driver name and version so I can possibly find it online.

Also where is the "disable UAC" topic in the help section? I can't find it. I am guessing this is irrelevant to the NVIDIA driver issue since it is not necessary to disable anything to uninstall or install display adapter drivers in Win 7.
When a new problem appears, we look at it ASAP. NVidia has been a thorn in our side FOREVER... not just the latest cards.