View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Re: Hoster 5.07 - Test with us and insure your problems are fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
Admin,

Thank you very much for unlinking the Seach & Singers buttons!

When will this be available for download on Hoster 5.06 (or higher) after the Beta test?

Also, until the upgrade is ready, can the Beta version be used for a show?

I ran 5.07 Beta 2 for over three hours tonight without the first glitch showing up. It was nice to be able to use the Tempo change again.

Again, thanks from the bottom of my heart...
Actually, we "didn't" unlink them. What we did was a simple combination of;

1. Restoring the Search and Singer buttons, each displaying their dialogs, and

2. In the Search dialog restoring the yellow folder icon beside the Singers field so those who DO WANT both linked during a show still have them.

As to releasing these changes, those who understand there is NO RISK in running the 5.07 Beta 2 version, along with the freedom to (within seconds) close 5.07 Beta 2 and run their prior version for the rest of the night... as you are doing... AND POSTING HERE... are building our confidence that our changes are working on MANY computers, not a few.

We can take two paths to release 5.07:

1. Release this week what we already have. However, given that very few users and Beta Testers are reporting their results, this morning I lack the confidence to release this week.

2. Continue to add less risky changes (require less testing), until we get enough feedback on what we have released as "Beta" to give us the confidence that it is ready for all our users to get and run shows.

You know from being in these Forums that few thank us for the risks we take (and I DO THANK you for your kind feedback), but if we did something wrong, we are scathingly insulted by some, denigrated by others, and just plain ignored by most.

Developing under Microsoft Windows is risky business! With the ever changing Windows platform upgrades, we never know what "bunker buster" is coming next. One thing we CAN expect is another bomb WILL come!

Making a decision to RELEASE is a combination of having enough feedback to overcome our fears, and putting on our flack jackets against the onslaught. It's like jumping off a 30 foot cliff into the river below... you know it's going to be exciting... and it will hurt!

Your kind words of encouragement mean a lot to us!