Thread: Singer Rotation
View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2008, 10:02 AM

Question Playslist issues with changing external usb drive letters

Can anyone tell me how they deal with Windows changing drive letters of an external hard drive? I know the reasons it happens and I know the suggested solution is to always use the same usb port, but even using the same port, the drive letter can change. Such as when I plug in both my external hard drive and my external plextor cd drive. Even plugging in a flash drive can cause the drive letter to change for my hard drive.

When this happens, all my playlists will not play. They all reference, internally in the file, the drive letter when the list was created. Once the drive letter changes, the playlist is no longer valid.

Being somewhat comuter literate, I have created two playist, one for drive "g" and the other for drive "h", in my case. That way should the drive letter change I still have playlists that work, but its a real pain to maintain.

Same is true with playlists I have that contain mp3 audio music, that I use for DJ shows without karaoke. I have to go into windows edit in DOS, open the files (binary open) and replace the drive letters then save as the other dirve directory name.

Any suggestions?

Center Stage Karaoke
"Let's Go Center Stage and Have Fun!"
Captain Dave Martin
941-720-6377

Dave@davidnmartin.com
Available for Private Parties of all Kinds