View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2021, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Transfer Hoster from one laptop to another

My advice would be to get yourself an external hard drive, they are relatively cheap now. Then copy all your music files to it.
Then follow Waltr advice and create a backup file of Hoster from the Help Menu/ Backup/Restore, you can create the backup on the external hard drive.
Then uninstall Hoster (while online) to free up the registration code allowing you to install on another computer.

Then you can decide if you want to copy all music files over from new external or use the external as the music source.

You can then use the Help menu / Backup restore feature to restore all Hosters settings and databases.

If you choose to run from the external hard drive you will need to inform Hoster that the drive letter has changed, to do this open Tools/Edit Songs dialog and select the (my drive letter has changed option)
If you have problems after useing this feature then you may have to rebuild the database.

You could copy all your songs files over to new computer by hard wireing but im not going to try explaining that here.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.