Thread: cdg recording
View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2001, 02:34 PM

Hey Deano,
You probably have already solved your problem, but just in case you haven't: I've burned alot of CDG's using Imation CDR 1x-16x, 80 min. with excellent results. I tried another brand just to see, called Delta, cause I got a 50 pack for $15.00. Turned out fine but there's a mild hiss in the background, but I had my system cranked. The point is, you don't have to only use Mitsui for a successful burn. I've got the same setup you've got and my PC is only 2 mos. old w/30GB. Shouldn't be running low on space, right? Defragged 6 days ago. So what happened that I'm burning right along starting on the 4th CDG and my MTU V2.2 starts having "unsuccessful record", time after time. The CDG's are in good shape and the same brand name, so that wasn't the problem. So I read the MTU manual troubleshooting section. I ran Scandisk, Disk clean, and defragged again. I'm back to burning successfully again. I was not running low on space, I've only used 7.2GB, but the CDG files are an average of 644MB, so maybe after a few of those it's just got the drive fragmented enough to cause problems. I'm still not convinced that's the deal. I DO burn with AUTO SELECT on the speed and it burns at 12x. 8 Min read, 5 Min burn, flawless. Of course when I started having trouble, that's the first thing I changed, with no success. So now I'm back to using AUTO SELECT speed, with no problems. By the way I have a Plex 12/10/32A, and have burned fine with & without DMA. Contrary to what the manual says, an unsuccessful burn DOES turn your blank into a coaster!
Country Girl