View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2001, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Cool Vocal Eliminator = Search Engine Positioning

George, you're absolutely right. In fact, for over 2 decades, I have always wondered why Thompson called it a Vocal Eliminator. Since they did, that IS the name.

As you say, no one would enter "vocal reducer" in an Internet search engine to go find one of these puppies. When I first introduced Vogone 1, to not use the word eliminator never, never, never crossed my mind, and neither did the potential confusion over customers not realizing it is a NAME thing that has little ties to reality.

As soon as I perceived confusion on "eliminator" versus "reducer" I started modifying our web pages to say eliminate/reduce. However, anyone who knows about designing a web page to capture top search engine positioning, you MUST use the keywords in your text body and HEADINGS, not just in the META tags. Search engines are getting very picky these days. If the meat (the body copy) doesn't talk about something, they assume the META tag keywords are fiction and won't list them in the index for that keyword.

That... is THE reason why we still use the word "eliminator". It is not accurate, but the world knowledge associates that word with the "vocal reduction" function. Audio engineers know this. New members to audio production have to learn that the "lingo" sometimes has different meanings. I hope by now everyone is starting to understand this and know that MTU in no way meant to mislead anyone. We are using industry standard vocabulary.