View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2007, 02:55 PM

Degradation in sound quality seems acceptable

Using the demo Microstudio product I am able to take MP3 format songs, and, using the built in Vogone processor, strip out the vocal. I can actually listen to it within the package and it sounds fine. Certainly not professional quality Karaoke, but for 4th graders, more than fine. When I save the resultant file it saves as a huge .wav file which, upon playback seems to have nothing in it. When played back at max volume you can faintly hear the actual song playing. Is this what you mean by not being possible to do this going between formats? I guess what really has me befuddled is that when I listen to the song before saving it, it sounds great. Is this a built in limitation to the demo version that would go away with a registered copy? Anyway, assuming it did save the file properly after registration, I could then just use the Microstudio product to burn a CDA for playback in any CD player? Oh, in most cases, my use of the product would be for songs that I only have as MP3, not original CD.