View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2002, 09:49 PM

Rotation

Greetings all.

I agree more with Jumpmaster. As a long time karaoke customer, and the last 3 years a KJ, I don't punish my regulars who have been sitting patiently for an hour or so, by slipping a newbee in front. I will sometimes "work" new people in if I can, but as a rule, the new person will wait a rotation...... And most new singers EXPECT to wait their turn. I admit this is the hardest issue facing KJ's. I will make an exception rarely....I have, on occasion, refused to break order, even at the request of the restaurant owner. It's my reputation for fair treatment at stake, not the restaurants! I don't even slip my good friends in out of order.

As an long time customer, fair rotation is my pet peeve. Two weeks ago, a customer declared that he must be next. I explained the rotation, and politely told him that he was 3 singers away. He came back not 2 minutes later… demanding that he should be next. I politely told him that I decide who’s next, and that his number was about to slip to the end of the line… he ask for his disk and left… I guess he showed me…. I look at it as one less jerk.

This one of only two things that bring out the A-hole in me. The other is mistreating my equipment.

Take care,

Papa Ray

Tunes For Your Times