View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2004, 12:35 PM

AUDIX - Great Mic's to check out...

Guys and gals,
I have a great microphone to recommend for any of you. Not sure of the exact model, but it is an Audix and it is bulletproof. I bought 2 of them for $75 each at Guitar Center (I think they list for $100 each). People that drink toooo much will end up drop your mikes, and hams will try to run off with a wireless to go "Vegas Style" through the crowd. Neither are good scenario's.

I have 2 SM-58's (which I still think are the best sounding, and what I still use in my booth) but the casings are all beat to crap from people dropping them)...anyway, the Audix can be beat on the concrete repeatedly with great force and it will not phase them... Well worth the money and they sound great as well. The only down side is that they have to be held closer to the mouth and straight to get the sound good. The upside to that is that you reduce feedback from monitors and other mikes.

CD+G player - Pioneer. PD-V 10G. This is simply the best player on the market bar none. I have owned a few different players, and this model is simply the best. They range from 329 - 399 depending on where you shop. I recommend searching the internet and gettting the best deal.