View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by José Hunter
Another question for the support dude:

I would like to know if the following computers/drives (which were purchased within the last year) are compatible with your CD+G duplication software:

My brother gave me the following information about the DVD/CDRW internal drive on his Dell desktop:

Liteon DVD-ROM LTD 163 CDHG / HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-84008 B104

Also, I have a friend who owns an HP Pavilion 750N (she didn't tell me which kind of internal CD-RW drive came on her computer)

Much pre-thanks again
Liteon has never supported the CD+G format for individual tracks or playing CDG discs, so I would not expect their DVD-ROM drive to either. You can test it with our Microstudio demo, downloadable from our home page.

HP does not use Plextor drives, so this computer would need to have a new CDR drive.

We used to have a list of all the CDR drives that partially supported the CDG format. I say partially because we typically rejected between 4 to 10 drives from a lot of 10 we would test at a time. However, all these drives except Plextor have been discontinued. We removed the list because it was misleading too many people. If you read the bottom of this page you will see the tests we run on our drives, and what you need to look for when testing a drive with Microstudio.