View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Re: Older Plextor Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
Well dale, the old plextor wouldn't work with my compaq. So i put the cheap made in china piece of junk liteon back in and everything is back to normal. I think part of the problem actually are the drivers. I don't have the right drivers. It would work with WMP both play, and rip. I bet if i spent a little time amessin' with it i'd get it ta work. But i'm not gonna fool with it. I did a side by side comparison with that old plextor and the piece of junk i bought from tiger direct for 40 bucks. You can sure tell those old plextors had quality to'em. Thanks for the hep anywaya
Yeah, we can only offer what's being made at any time, and the older Plex drives were the highest quality ever... bar none!

That's why we buy and TEST every drive. We reject those that won't do CDG. Quality mechanicals... that's a thing of the past. As you indicated, you paid $199 for one of our tested Plex drives. Prices are under half today, but our labor costs are up.

BTW: We sold a 1x write CDR from Denon in 1996 for $16,000. A similar Yamaha back then was $25,000!