MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Singers & Hosts Wisdom (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   anyone having a problem with names (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11077)

gotrich December 4th, 2008 12:03 AM

anyone having a problem with names

If I add a song without putting a name on it then try to edit the name while someone is singing it shutdown the program and has me send or not send the report to windows.

Anyone else? I thought it was only durring the Koke adding of a song but seems to be any song now.

ddouglass December 4th, 2008 11:51 AM

Have not seen this one. Are you right clicking to get to the edit? What else is going on when you try to do this?

gotrich December 4th, 2008 12:26 PM

right click

yes when I right click to edit the name it shuts down. I can only guess it started to do this after I installed AVG Anti virus software. I am going to try a reinstall.

bryant December 4th, 2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotrich (Post 86549)
If I add a song without putting a name on it then try to edit the name while someone is singing it shutdown the program and has me send or not send the report to windows.

Anyone else? I thought it was only durring the Koke adding of a song but seems to be any song now.

I get random shut downs about every three or four gigs, and now that I think of it, one of those times I was beginning to edit a name while someone was singing, hmmm.?:r:?:w

gotrich December 5th, 2008 01:59 AM

I reinstalled it

I still get shut downs if I add a song and then edit the names later. UGH
I thought it was only durring a Koke added file but it seems to shut down durring any edit of the name on any song added.

gotrich December 5th, 2008 12:17 PM

anyone else

still tring to get answers to all this

marklwood December 5th, 2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotrich (Post 86574)
still tring to get answers to all this

I would love to help you but......I got nuthin:s

I would start with the obligatory Windows/hardware updates, then re-install. Next try to find commonalities between you and Bryant. Other than that...... I got nuthin:s

gotrich December 5th, 2008 04:09 PM

i did notice

I did not have this problem till I installed AVG anti virus. I tried to reinstal.. but got nothing

Running AVG 8.0.176
and windows XP Pro

ddouglass December 6th, 2008 01:10 PM

Try uninstalling AVG and see if it fixes the problem. If so then AVG is causing it. It may be that AVG views your editing of the name as a threat (stranger things like this have happened with anti-virus programs). If that is the problem there may be a setting in AVG that is doing this and can be changed.

gotrich December 8th, 2008 04:54 AM

AVG it is

ok just a note to everyone

It was the AVG casueing the problem. BUT all I had to do was goin into the exceptions Mgr in AVG and make it an exception for MTU/Hoster. WOrks all spiffy now.

I have 4 new laptops as I will be getting rid of all my old machines so lots of deleteing of hoster and reinstalling on my new ones.. fun fun

THanks everyone!

hwheeler43 December 10th, 2008 12:58 PM

:) Wow. Now this is interesting. I run AVG on all my machines. Probably the reason I have not had the problem is because I shut it down before running hoster. This is some great feedback that you have provided!

gotrich December 10th, 2008 02:00 PM

thanks

I tried to shut it down to BUT it would still run in the task mgr. Shut it down there and comes back.. Grrr LOL

But not that I have set the exceptions to AVG .. Show ran great!

bryant December 10th, 2008 04:34 PM

[quote=gotrich;86703]ok just a note to everyone that
goin into the exceptions Mgr in AVG and make it an exception for MTU/Hoster. WOrks all spiffy now.
quote]

Exactly how do you do this.

marklwood December 10th, 2008 05:58 PM

[quote=bryant;86853]
Quote:

Originally Posted by gotrich (Post 86703)
ok just a note to everyone that
goin into the exceptions Mgr in AVG and make it an exception for MTU/Hoster. WOrks all spiffy now.
quote]

Exactly how do you do this.

Double-click the AVG icon in the tray. Double-click Resident Shield. The click Manage Exceptions and exclude the Hoster directory.

gotrich December 10th, 2008 07:43 PM

if that dont

i didnt have resident shield so i went into options.

same thing he said for the most part

Im glad I could be of some use.. i feel so stupid listening to you guys in these forums

bryant December 10th, 2008 08:28 PM

[quote=marklwood;86863]
Quote:

Originally Posted by bryant (Post 86853)

Double-click the AVG icon in the tray. Double-click Resident Shield. The click Manage Exceptions and exclude the Hoster directory.

Thanx.

bryant December 10th, 2008 08:30 PM

[quote=bryant;86903]
Quote:

Originally Posted by marklwood (Post 86863)

Thanx.

But my AVG doesn't have a tab or a check box for "manage exceptions".

bryant December 10th, 2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotrich (Post 86888)
i didnt have resident shield so i went into options.

same thing he said for the most part

Im glad I could be of some use.. i feel so stupid listening to you guys in these forums

sheesh, can't find an "optios" tab or menu item either.:s

gotrich December 10th, 2008 08:55 PM

ok

open your AVG go to tools then go to pup exceptions then click on button says mnage exceptions or add exceptions. then select the folder where hoster is... tada

bryant December 11th, 2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotrich (Post 86915)
open your AVG go to tools then go to :r"pup exceptions" :rthen click on button says mnage exceptions or add exceptions. then select the folder where hoster is... tada

???????????