MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Yamaha Mixer (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=17311)

Wrahn April 16th, 2021 03:17 PM

Yamaha Mixer

Has anyone used a Yamaha Mixer with their computer for Karaoke?

I currently use a Bose T1 and Bose L1 Compact along with my laptop for home Karaoke. The Bose T1 is way too complicated for me and I thought I might try the Yamaha MG06X or the MG10XU with the LI and my laptop. Both of the the mixers have effects and the 10XU has a USB to connect to the laptop.

I\'m sure the Bose T1 is great, but I only need a vocal set-up not a backup band.

I hope you all are doing well and that this pandemic will soon be over.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Wes

kod April 17th, 2021 10:41 AM

Re: Yamaha Mixer

I am sure that either one of those will do what you want.

I personally use a Peavey PV6 BT for 95% of my shows (pre-covid). (I have two of them!)

They are the perfect small mixer for me. They have effects (if needed) and the have the Stereo 1/8 inch hookup for audio cables!

IMHO, the perfect little compact mixer!

WaltR April 17th, 2021 01:44 PM

Any mixer should work fine. As KOD mentioned, you can use the computer headphone jack to feed the mixer or if you have a mixer with USB capability you can hook it to the computer with a USB cable. I prefer using the USB method. I have used many mixers including the Bose Tone Match. Presently I am using a Zoom LiveTrak 20 with USB. I started using this mixer because it is also a recorder and I some times record my singers.:g

Wrahn April 17th, 2021 01:45 PM

kod,

Once again thanks for your input. I also remember you shared information about your Peavey PV6 bt back in August 2019.

You indicated it did what you needed for your use, so I assume it is still working for you.

Thanks for always sharing your time and experience with the group.

Wes

Wrahn April 17th, 2021 02:00 PM

Walt,

Thanks, I should have known you would provide your experience and helpful information, you are always there to help when needed.

Wes

kod April 17th, 2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrahn (Post 138089)
kod,

Once again thanks for your input. I also remember you shared information about your Peavey PV6 bt back in August 2019.

You indicated it did what you needed for your use, so I assume it is still working for you.

Thanks for always sharing your time and experience with the group.

Wes

Wow! That is a large mixer. I have a large mixer I use for Festivals when I need additional inputs for singers, etc. but the smaller one for most everything else.

I have a Boss Micro BR recorder (made by Roland) that I use when I want to record. It does a great job!

Yes, the Peavey does everything I need!

WaltR April 17th, 2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrahn (Post 138090)
Walt,

Thanks, I should have known you would provide your experience and helpful information, you are always there to help when needed.

Wes

You are welcome my friend!:)

kod April 17th, 2021 03:43 PM

A side note...

Has anyone heard from Roy?

I have not seen him post anything in quite awhile! I sure hope everything is OK across the pond!!!

WaltR April 17th, 2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kod (Post 138093)
A side note...

Has anyone heard from Roy?

I have not seen him post anything in quite awhile! I sure hope everything is OK across the pond!!!

I communicated with him a few weeks ago. He has revived an old hobby which is model trains. He posted on YouTube and has quite a setup. He started back at this hobby during the pandemic. He was doing fine.:)

Wrahn April 17th, 2021 06:16 PM

Walt,

Thanks for the information on Roy, I also was wondering about him. Sure glad he is doing well and has a hobby to replace his Karaoke gigs.

Wes

Roy Dennis April 23rd, 2021 07:45 PM

Hi guys still here. Havent done Karaoke since the pandemic and may decide to call it a day but am fit and well, thanks for your concern.
I have been looking in and see Walt and Kod responding. I would but in if I thought I had a better answer. :)

Roy Dennis April 24th, 2021 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaltR (Post 138088)
Any mixer should work fine. As KOD mentioned, you can use the computer headphone jack to feed the mixer or if you have a mixer with USB capability you can hook it to the computer with a USB cable. I prefer using the USB method. I have used many mixers including the Bose Tone Match. Presently I am using a Zoom LiveTrak 20 with USB. I started using this mixer because it is also a recorder and I some times record my singers.:g

Just as a follow up to Walts post on recording.
I always had a Zoom H5 recorder set up on my rig. I did not use the built in mics but ran a seperate channel from my mixer to record the output channel direct. Worked very well.
To Wrahn.
I did try a Bose t8 mixer, never did use it live, Sold it on Ebay soon after getting it. prefered my old Behringer QX1222USB, I prefer the sliders and to see all the controls right in front of me, not buried in menus.
But to each his own, just my preferences.

kod April 24th, 2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Dennis (Post 138100)
Hi guys still here. Havent done Karaoke since the pandemic and may decide to call it a day but am fit and well, thanks for your concern.
I have been looking in and see Walt and Kod responding. I would but in if I thought I had a better answer. :)

Roy,

It is good to hear from you and know you are all right!

I think we have all suffered from the pandemic, but we miss your expertise here on the forum.

I personally have learned a lot from your postings and really appreciate it. Please do not give those up...

WaltR April 24th, 2021 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kod (Post 138102)
Roy,

It is good to hear from you and know you are all right!

I think we have all suffered from the pandemic, but we miss your expertise here on the forum.

I personally have learned a lot from your postings and really appreciate it. Please do not give those up...

AMEN!:g:g:g