MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   4.11 Crashing (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11816)

magog2k November 19th, 2009 04:49 PM

4.11 Crashing

Just upgraded last week to 4.11, and I've never had any problems with Hoster until last week. During my show last week, Hoster crashed 5 times at the end of songs. Last night: 4 times, but 2 of them were in the middle of the songs. Any ideas? I'm running Vista (I know "Vista" but it works), and have never had any problems with crashing until 4.11

What is this " 4.11. " I've read about?

And has anyone elsed experienced "a pulsing" on chartbuster discs lately? Just wondering if it's my imagination. Seems like "heavy" songs in newer chartbuster have a pulsing in the volume........

ddouglass November 19th, 2009 05:14 PM

First thing I would suggest is to run through the set-up items again on this link:
http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/v...de-hoster4.htm

I especially would suggest you check for any new updates from Microsoft.

The 4.11. was a second release after fixing a couple minor bugs. If you have recently downloaded the set-up files then this is the version you got. You can check by going to Help/About Hoster and look for the dot after the 11.

magog2k November 20th, 2009 06:15 PM

I have the 4.11 , not 4.11. Is there somewhere I can find the 11. ?

Beavis November 20th, 2009 07:13 PM

thats the same version.

ddouglass November 21st, 2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magog2k (Post 97518)
I have the 4.11 , not 4.11. Is there somewhere I can find the 11. ?

Redownload from the Support section. The newer release replaced the original.

WaltR November 30th, 2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddouglass (Post 97524)
Redownload from the Support section. The newer release replaced the original.

I noticed the 4.11. also. Why wouldn't they just make the changes and call it 4.12 or 4.11b to eliminate any confusion as to what version you have? Seems strange.

ddouglass November 30th, 2009 06:42 PM

Walt they did that because they released the fixed one (4.11.) within a few days of the original. No user wide email ghad been sent out between, so it was determined that a very few had downloaded the original.

Peter Wakefield December 3rd, 2009 12:01 PM

Changing back to 4.10.

I upgraded to 4.11, now the words are out of sync with the music. I checked the PC requirement and found that now I need a Dual processor with at least 1.3 gig, i only have a ADM 1 gig. I can not upgrade my computer so I would like to go back to 4.10. How do I do that, do I need to be connected to the internet? :m

ddouglass December 3rd, 2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Wakefield (Post 97706)
I upgraded to 4.11, now the words are out of sync with the music. I checked the PC requirement and found that now I need a Dual processor with at least 1.3 gig, i only have a ADM 1 gig. I can not upgrade my computer so I would like to go back to 4.10. How do I do that, do I need to be connected to the internet? :m

If you look at 4.11 changes over 4.10 there is nothing that can cause the out of sync. Have you tried the audio adjustment (Playback Offset) in the Tools/Options utilities?
If you are trying to use the Background Audio and/or the Visualizations I suggest try turning them off and see if the karaoke is in sync without them.
To go back to 4.10 (which caused crashes and was the reason for 4.11) you will have to have a copy of the Hoster410setup.exe file on your computer. You will have to be connected to the internet to install it (Upgrade) over the 4.11.
Just to clear up the requirements it says a processor running at or greater than 1.3 GHz but does not say anything about a Dual processor. This has been in place since at least 4.08. As more requested new features are added the more processor power and resources needed to run the program.

Peter Wakefield December 4th, 2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddouglass (Post 97707)
If you look at 4.11 changes over 4.10 there is nothing that can cause the out of sync. Have you tried the audio adjustment (Playback Offset) in the Tools/Options utilities?

Thanks Dale, I set the Playback Offset to -0.5 and it is now work great.:)

Harryoke December 12th, 2009 12:52 PM

I am in this same boat myself. Was running on Vista with NO problems at all, then upgraded to 4.11 and now my swipes are lagging behind. I looked in the manual and saw the hoops to jump thru in the settings and was preparing to do that just now, but checking the forums first. I too will go adjust the offsets and see if that helps before going thru the big settings changes.

Harryoke December 12th, 2009 01:12 PM

I too set my offsets to -0.5 and that seems to have fixed the issue...will tell you after the next show if there is any deviation from that news, LOL!

sleflar December 17th, 2009 12:29 PM

We have four different laptops makes and models. We've followed all of your instructions. We have a problem with them crashing serveral times a night. SOme of the other laptops have been experiencing crashes as well but only ocassionaly.
What To Do..........

ddouglass December 17th, 2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleflar (Post 98109)
We have four different laptops makes and models. We've followed all of your instructions. We have a problem with them crashing serveral times a night. SOme of the other laptops have been experiencing crashes as well but only ocassionaly.
What To Do..........

When do the crash? How far into the show before it starts?
What are they doing at the time it happens? (searching, importing, just playing songs, what?)
Information on the computers? (O/S, RAM, processor speed, other programs open, etc.)
In other words we can't help or MTU can't find the problem if there are no details for them to try to test and duplicate.