MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old July 16th, 2007, 09:17 PM

Question Video Lyrics Lagging Audio - fix: installed XFX GeForce 5200 video card

I just started using Hoster 3.316 today so I'm not sure what to expect. I'm running a Dell Pentium 3,(1.2Ghz) 512MB Memory, and basic video on the motherboard. Hoster seems to be working well. When I play the Karaoke files the sound plays well with no issues, but the video lags the audio by about 30 seconds and when it does appear it is not even close to being in sync with the audio.I'm assuming I should expect Hoster to perform in the same way as our stand-alone Karaoke machine. I would appreciate any suggestions to get this working properly. Thank you.
Old July 16th, 2007, 10:17 PM
VIP

a little shy on the memory. you can upgrade at compusa to 2gb for $75

did you make sure you did all the windows updates using custom ?

are you running XP or vista ??

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old July 16th, 2007, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpark View Post
I just started using Hoster 3.316 today so I'm not sure what to expect. I'm running a Dell Pentium 3,(1.2Ghz) 512MB Memory, and basic video on the motherboard. Hoster seems to be working well. When I play the Karaoke files the sound plays well with no issues, but the video lags the audio by about 30 seconds and when it does appear it is not even close to being in sync with the audio.I'm assuming I should expect Hoster to perform in the same way as our stand-alone Karaoke machine. I would appreciate any suggestions to get this working properly. Thank you.
Let's check your audio hardware accelleration.

Click START, RUN, and type ih DXDIAG, then click OK

After everything loads, click on the SOUND 1 tab.

Down about the middle of the page there is a HARDWARE SOUND ACCELLERATION slider. It probably is all the way to the right.

Slide it two notches to the left and exit. See if that made any difference.

In the Hoster program, there is an adjustment for minor differences that allow for a 5 second variance, plus and minus 2.5 seconds. 30 seconds sounded a bit much for that control to handle.

It is under TOOLS, PLAYBACK OFFSET. You could fine tune with it if you are very close with the HARDWARE ACCELLERATION change, which can be further changed if need be.

I remember from yout last incidence that your Windows updates were just taken care of yesterday to get Microstudio running, so that should not be the case.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

Your "basic video on the motherboard" means it more than likely doesn't have enough video memory either. So if George's audio acceleration doesn't correct this you might consider getting a separate video card with at least 512mb.
Old July 17th, 2007, 08:46 AM

Adjusting the HARDWARE SOUND ACCELLERATION slider had no effect. The onboard video being inadequate makes sense. What about system memory? I currently have 512MB, which is the top limit for this machine. I don't want to put too much in this machine if I need to upgrade to something more powerful. Appreciate the input.
Old July 17th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Which Dell model is it?
I am betting it isn't maxxed out on system memory unless it is pretty old which your processor tells me it isn't. You may be out of slots but that doesn't mean that you can't add by replacing them.
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:02 PM
VIP

i would go with the 2gb of memory.

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Its an Optiplex GX150. It has 2 slots and I'm just reading the Tech Spec which said 64MB - 512MB memory. Its a few years old, but performs well. You think it might take 2 GB? I Its only two slots, but I don't mind getting new DIMMS.
Old July 17th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

I guess that is old enough because Dell doesn't even list it for support anymore. I would say then it may not support more memory, but I would definately consider the video card. Even if it doesn't work and you have to get a newer computer, then the card can be used.
Old July 17th, 2007, 02:29 PM

Thanks for confirming the memory issue Dale. I checked with a couple of the memory configurators and they only show a maximum of 512MB. I did order a memory card. I suppose I'll be building a system for Karaoke. Do you have any prefered configs? Perhaps I should post that as another thread.

Old July 17th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

It depends on how much you want to spend and what you are going to use it for (profressional shows or home use). If you are talking about doing shows then you need something with higher quality and capability. If you are talking about home use a newer Dell with a decent video and sound card would work.
Old July 17th, 2007, 06:13 PM

I was planing on building a system. I would do an Intel Dual Core 2GHz, 2GB memory and use a small form factor case for portability. I'm not planning on doing KJ work, but like to do things right.

Regarding the video lagging. Here is something else I noticed. The small lyrics window in MicroStudio behaves the same as the Hoster play back.
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

That would point to the memory most likely rather than the video card. For my show machine I used a Shuttle style case and love it because it is light weight. Sounds like you have a good idea of what you want and it would definately be more than adequate. I would suggest ...to prevent any more problems that you use XP if you can get it and stay away from Vista.
Old July 18th, 2007, 05:31 PM

Ideal Hoster System Specification.

What is your show machine specification? What is a concern is my current configuration is well within MTU's specifications and Hoster performs so poorly. It is though the audio and video have no relationship. Hopefully, I'll have a video card tomorrow and will let you know if that is an improvement.
Old July 18th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Their specs are correct, but not for someone using a home computer with a lot of other programs and services loaded. And those are the minimum requirements that they list.
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:56 AM

I installed XP Pro SP2 from scratch, installed the updates, DirectX, and Media Player according to the Hoster guidelines in the manual. Other than the standard apps, The MTU software are the only applications. Are their services that should be turned off? The Video card should be in today and I'll let you know if that changes anything. So the MTU apps one a clean XP install arethe only apl running.
Old July 19th, 2007, 12:35 PM
VIP

did you get all windows updates using custom ?

i dont think you will have a problem now

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:08 PM

Yes I did and I used the custom option. I only got the updates once, but I'll try again in case there prerequisite requirements.

Thanks
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:47 PM
VIP

theres nothing like a fresh copy of windows.

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old July 19th, 2007, 05:04 PM
VIP

I'm not sure hoster will even work without it...but just in case... make sure you have the latest directX which I think is directX9.

Sam