MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old December 25th, 2011, 01:10 PM

Re: importing karaoke

What I did is pick a starting disc number say 600, put the format as (ignore- ignore - title - artist) hit batch button and let yer rip. It imported them from Disc ID 600 to 661 rather quickly straight from their HD they supply...BTW Merry Christmas all...
Old December 25th, 2011, 03:11 PM

I noticed that the actual import itself is almost instant It is the deleting of the file from the list then going to the next song to import that is taking so long. It is now 36 hours into importing and they are importing every 23 seconds.
Old December 25th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
I noticed that the actual import itself is almost instant It is the deleting of the file from the list then going to the next song to import that is taking so long. It is now 36 hours into importing and they are importing every 23 seconds.
I just tried the sample you sent me and as you say it imports instantly.
I don't quite understand where you say deleting of the file.

What I am wondering is the way they are numbered may be affecting it.
As they are all listed as track 0 they could all be seen as duplicates by Hoster.
I would think that as Jonpyle suggested set the Define field order to (ignore- ignore - title - artist) would overcome that.
Alternately if there are less than 99 tracks per Disc Id you could try field order (Disc Id - ignore - title - artist) which would then fill in the disc Id automatically.
If there are more than 99 tracks using Disc ID CBC00045 then again it will treat them as duplicates
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old December 25th, 2011, 07:42 PM

I changed them to ignore ignore artist title and the last 500 imported rather quickly.

(When I was talking about the songs disappearing, what I meant was as the songs are listed in the import window once they import they are no longer view in the import window)

Looks like the problem is how the track number is set up in all these files.
Old December 25th, 2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I changed them to ignore ignore artist title and the last 500 imported rather quickly.

(When I was talking about the songs disappearing, what I meant was as the songs are listed in the import window once they import they are no longer view in the import window)

Looks like the problem is how the track number is set up in all these files.
Well guess what. After importing all my songs, I went into the program and all the songs were missing!! I check the file where they were and yes they are all still there along with the KHM file.

Soooo...

I started to re-import them all again doing it the exact same way I started 48 hours ago when they were inmporting at about one song per every 12 seconds.

I have them set up as DiscID track artist title even though the actual songs are listed as title then artist. I am doing a batch import, the title and artist appear to be showing up in the correct order AND they are importing at the rate of 1 per second!!!

I don't get it? I will wait and see what happens after they all import, see if they actually show up. If this does not work but I am expecting it too and I wanted to start completely from scratch what is the proper procedure.
Old December 25th, 2011, 08:49 PM

Hum...I imported all 6005 songs in little over an hour...Did you try importing as a batch? It does it all for you...
Old December 25th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have them set up as DiscID track artist title even though the actual songs are listed as title then artist. I am doing a batch import, the title and artist appear to be showing up in the correct order AND they are importing at the rate of 1 per second!!!

I don't get it? I will wait and see what happens after they all import, see if they actually show up. If this does not work but I am expecting it too and I wanted to start completely from scratch what is the proper procedure.
What happens is it wrights the kmh header then notes it as a duplicated file because the disc id and track are the same and doesn't list it. it is put into a log of duplicates.

I think the easiest way to start again if this second attempt fails would be this:
From the build songs database select the folder with all these files in and press the remove folder button. This will put your database back to how it was before importing them.
Next using Windows explorer open the folder containing all these files and search for 2 files, "Imported Files.txt" and "FileErrors-Karaoke-List" and delete them. this will allow them to be listed in the import HD files dialog again and should over wright the previous kmh file.

I still think you will have to set the field separates to ignore for track # as you cant have 2 track # 0 for one bookid.
And if there are more than 99 tracks with the same discid again it will treat them as duplicates when it refills the import window.
So I think the way Jonpyle suggested is the best option.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old December 26th, 2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
What happens is it wrights the kmh header then notes it as a duplicated file because the disc id and track are the same and doesn't list it. it is put into a log of duplicates.

I think the easiest way to start again if this second attempt fails would be this:
From the build songs database select the folder with all these files in and press the remove folder button. This will put your database back to how it was before importing them.
Next using Windows explorer open the folder containing all these files and search for 2 files, "Imported Files.txt" and "FileErrors-Karaoke-List" and delete them. this will allow them to be listed in the import HD files dialog again and should over wright the previous kmh file.

I still think you will have to set the field separates to ignore for track # as you cant have 2 track # 0 for one bookid.
And if there are more than 99 tracks with the same discid again it will treat them as duplicates when it refills the import window.
So I think the way Jonpyle suggested is the best option.
Yes they were done as a batch file and every single songs has it's own unique discID number (none of them are repeated) so the 99 track limit would not apply.

I treid once to set the songs to
ignore ognore artist title but then all the artist and title names showed up as "undefined"

I don't really care about the track number but I would like to keep the discID, title and artist.
Old December 26th, 2011, 01:16 PM

I don't know why you want to keep those ID numbers, their not that important. The last I spoke with Greg at Chartbuster, he was going to change the ID's for easier importing... If you want some ID to show their Chartbuster, I put mine as CB0600 thru CB0661 and imported them singlely, 99 at a time...Did they fix the format for the Doobie Brothers and Tom Petty by the time you got your HD?
Old December 26th, 2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPyle View Post
I don't know why you want to keep those ID numbers, their not that important. The last I spoke with Greg at Chartbuster, he was going to change the ID's for easier importing... If you want some ID to show their Chartbuster, I put mine as CB0600 thru CB0661 and imported them singlely, 99 at a time...Did they fix the format for the Doobie Brothers and Tom Petty by the time you got your HD?
These are the numbers from Greg at Chartbuster. That is why they all have a uniqure disc ID and all the track numbers are set to zero.

The only ones I had any import problem with was a set of Bellamy Brothers and one or two Beatles songs.
Old December 26th, 2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPyle View Post
What I did is pick a starting disc number say 600, put the format as (ignore- ignore - title - artist) hit batch button and let yer rip. It imported them from Disc ID 600 to 661 rather quickly straight from their HD they supply...BTW Merry Christmas all...
I set the songs to this format(ignore- ignore - title - artist) and it imported all of them with no errors in about 30 minutes for 12000 songs.
Old December 28th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I set the songs to this format(ignore- ignore - title - artist) and it imported all of them with no errors in about 30 minutes for 12000 songs.
I have had a thought about these songs supplied by Chartbusters on a Hard drive, Could it be that the folder they are in is set to Read Only so will not allow writing the kmh header file to the same folder ?
Right click on the folder containing them on their supplied drive to open the properties and see if it is read only.
Old December 28th, 2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
I have had a thought about these songs supplied by Chartbusters on a Hard drive, Could it be that the folder they are in is set to Read Only so will not allow writing the kmh header file to the same folder ?
Right click on the folder containing them on their supplied drive to open the properties and see if it is read only.
No, the poblem must have been in the track number. As soon as I set the format to ignore ignore title artist it went right through them in no time.
Old April 4th, 2012, 03:33 PM

Re: importing karaoke Sound Choice Gem Series

How do I get the title/artist info from these dics into hoster? They are mp3+g files on cd. 30 songs per disc. 20 discs on the Emerald 1 set.
Old April 4th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

I'm answering this without any previous knowledge of importing these type of files, but would think you would follow one of these two ideas:
1st idea try choose the Import songs Tab/Index HD Files/ choose kma for As, MP3G for Karaoke then brows to your cd drive then see if the files appear in the list. If they do select them as normal and import.
2nd Idea if that is no good.
If no luck that way then you will have to copy the mp3+g files Presuming that is the type, (Which would be an mp3 file and a cdg file with the same file name) to a folder on your hard drive then import them that way from the Index HD files Button.
Then I would choose KMH for As and MP3G for karaoke presuming they are in MP3+G format.
The rest of importing is in the manuel Follow index hard drive instructions or follow the instructions that appear as you proceed.
Old April 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Re: importing karaoke Sound Choice Gem Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitd9922 View Post
How do I get the title/artist info from these dics into hoster? They are mp3+g files on cd. 30 songs per disc. 20 discs on the Emerald 1 set.
If they are as you say "MP3+G" format songs, this is a CDROM. Load it in your CD/DVD drive, go to Explorer or My Computer and copy the files to a folder on your hard drive. I'd suggest you use one folder for the Emerald set.

As Roy pointed out you need to check for "Read Only" status on all files imported from a CDROM. Click on the folder holding them, right click, select Properties and uncheck Read Only.

Then, using the "Build Database" dialog, click the Add Folder button (I think that is the right name - not at Hoster to look), find that folder, and click the OK/Save/whatever button to add the folder into the "Indexed Folders" list.

I believe that as soon as you do this with "MP3=G" file type selected, the songs will start indexing into the Songs Database automatically.
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

I just tested my 1st idea of post #36, importing from a CD containing mp3+g files as .kma files without first copying them to the hard drive. I burnt a number of mp3+g files to a CD disc, the disc was burnt as a CD so it was not able to be written too after burning. This does cause an error message when importing that it can't write back to the disc with the imported text file, this will not be a problem if the disc is able to be written too but I expect the gem disc would be read only and not be able to be written too. However they do import as kma files and play as expected. But I think it still best to copy all to a file's first to a folder on your hard drive. Then I prefer to import through the import HD files dialog as kmh types rather than the Add folder way, it does take longer but you have more control over the naming order. Perhaps if the mp3 files contains the ID3 Tags data then the Add folder way will be quicker.
I would do a test run first with just a few tracks.
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeter View Post
A lot of good suggestions here for help but if I read this correctly the OP made a copy of the CDG and is trying to import that copy? If that's the case, it was probably copied incorrectly and contains only the .cda file?
You are right. A normal "disc copy" program will NOT copy the lyrics data, only the audio data.

That's why we wrote Microstudio to copy CD+G discs.
Old July 20th, 2012, 04:08 AM

This response may not be relevant to your original question, however, I recently purchased a Pocket Songs disc that was labeled as PS CDG 1354 on the side of the jewel case. But later I discovered that it was listed as PS CD 1354 on the CD itself. It turned out NOT to be a CD+G. It was a CD with vocal guide on one channel and also just the backing track. I simply wrote and imported the lyrics (knew 'em by heart) - and the backing track music from the CD into KHPro and made my own CD+G.
Old July 28th, 2012, 12:11 AM

I have ran a karaoke business since 1996 with good ole' disks. I took the plunge and started running my shows a laptop with Hoster in 2010 and have enjoyed the ease of karaoke on a laptop.
I recently upgraded to a new laptop and was surprised at how easy (even for me) it was to transfer all of my music from my old laptop to my new laptop. I run my karaoke shows from an ASUS laptop with an external hard drive.
I had always imported from my cdg disks, but have had so many requests during a show for songs I don't have that I want to be able to download at a show.
To test my hope, I created a login at Tricerasoft.com and chose 14 songs to download. I chose the songs, "claimed" them, and downloaded.
The problem is now I cannot find where I downloaded them to.
Am I complete idiot? ... don't answer that.
I am just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks, Dee
Closed Thread