MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 14th, 2002, 11:05 PM

Unhappy XP Problem

George!...MTU!...Somebody....HELP!!

Have taken the leap to XP PRO. Microstudio worked fine with 98 2nd ed. Not so since I upgraded. Cannot find the the exact post to tell me what to do. I am using the current issue of Microstudio. I believe I'm going to like this XP; but got to get my MTU back up and running. Appreciate any help. Tried reinstalling but ended up unistalling. Went back to site am now downloading demo. Is this right?

Kelly
Old August 14th, 2002, 11:18 PM

Hard to tell what's happening. You need to go through program manager and uninstall Microstudio before attempting to re-install. Try re-booting after you uninstall, then start fresh installing. Assuming you saved your download link into a folder when you purchased Microstudio, you should only have to click on that link . It's good for 8 downloads. Best to download "save to disc" into the Micro Technology Unlimited folder(default) and open it from there. Then you'll have access to it right from your p.c when ever needed. If you did that the first time then go to the Micto Technology Unlimited folder and double click on Microstudio to start installing. It should still be there.

George

Also if you save it to disc instead of opening it in the download, you can make a back-up to a data cd, then you'll have it in safekeeping for sure
Old August 15th, 2002, 05:50 AM

Kelly,
If your running the current issue of Microstudio 2.315 the demo will be no different, tell us exactly what's happening and we will try to sort you out, Microstudio works well with XP so that's not your problem.

DELL Dimension 4550.
XP Home. (Factory Installed)
Intel Pentium 4CPU 2.40Ghz.
768 Mb Ram.
Boot Drive 1 60gig Turbo
Boot Drive 2 80gig
80gig HD (Storage)
Radeon 9550.
Old August 15th, 2002, 08:15 AM

Unhappy XP

Tel,

Apparently, I never saved the down link file because I lost everything regarding MS 2.315. In fact until seeing George's comment I didn't realize it ever existed. I still have copies of my original order and SN# but no program. I went and down loaded the demo thinking there might be a place on there to register. Sort of like CDRWIN. But I see no place to do that. So basically I have XP PRO on my computer but do not have a trace of MS 2.315. Where do I go from here?...Thanks.

Kelly
Old August 15th, 2002, 09:45 AM

Kelly,
You will have to contact MTU and get another download link
which you might be charged for. Go to the MTU main page and look under Contacting MTU, Customer Support, you'll find what you need there. But you must save everything like that to floppy disc or cd, especially download links, serial numbers and the downloaded program.
Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

DELL Dimension 4550.
XP Home. (Factory Installed)
Intel Pentium 4CPU 2.40Ghz.
768 Mb Ram.
Boot Drive 1 60gig Turbo
Boot Drive 2 80gig
80gig HD (Storage)
Radeon 9550.

Last edited by T.Wright; August 16th, 2002 at 05:33 AM.
Old December 20th, 2002, 12:11 AM

Thumbs up I would like to apologize!

Hi Y'all,
My faith is renewed. It's taken almost a year But I'm up an copying successfully. I finally trashed the compaq and just became the proud father of a Dell 2350 with P4 2 with WinXP. Took me five minutes after I loaded the software and the drivers. The software executes flawlessly! Copies are Beautiful!! I am now a satisfied MTU user.
I am convinced that the problem was with my Motherboard on the compaq. If I was going to make a recommendation, I would definitely go with Pentium class as opposed to Celeron. I would also definitely get away from Win98SE... XP rocks and rolls with this stuff..
Once Again my faith is renewed and I apologize for my frustration.
...WallerMan