MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 20th, 2006, 02:46 PM

Angry Songs won't Skip

When playing a song in Hoster 3.311 and I want to skip to another song, the song would refuse to skip to the other. The song that would be playing would lose sound and would not skip. Tried this on two computers with the latest upgrage 3.311. I uinstalled Hoster and did a fresh install and still got the same problem. So I downgraded to 3.310 and everything worked fine. Hope It's not a bug.

Last edited by Aarrgee; September 20th, 2006 at 02:57 PM. Reason: not detailed enough
Old September 20th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

What do you mean by "skip"? If you are talking about the skip button all that does is prevent the highlighted song from playing or showing in the singer display. It doesn't "skip" from playing one song to the playing the next song.
Old September 20th, 2006, 03:21 PM

Sounds like you were in Manual Play instead of Auto Play.
Old September 20th, 2006, 03:43 PM

I highlighted the song that was playing and wanted to skip that song that was playing with the skip button (automatic not manual) but it refused to skip to the next next song. Hoster 3.310 does this well.
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:30 PM

I dont think you can skip a song that is playing. You have to skip it before it starts.
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgee
I highlighted the song that was playing and wanted to skip that song that was playing with the skip button (automatic not manual) but it refused to skip to the next next song. Hoster 3.310 does this well.

Thanks for the clarification. You're right. It should skip the playing song.

It does in my version 3301. The skipped track reverts to READY status.

I can't see why they would have changed it in the newer versions, but can't say for certain.

Last edited by George; September 20th, 2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old September 20th, 2006, 05:23 PM
VIP

Quote:
When playing a song in Hoster 3.311 and I want to skip to another song, the song would refuse to skip to the other. The song that would be playing would lose sound and would not skip. Tried this on two computers with the latest upgrage 3.311. I uinstalled Hoster and did a fresh install and still got the same problem. So I downgraded to 3.310 and everything worked fine. Hope It's not a bug.
I haven't used 3.311 in a show yet (at least the released version anyway, I have used the beta's extensively). So I just fired it up and I cannot get it to do as you describe.

If this is a problem peculiar to your setup or some part of your setup it would be helpful to have your computer specs so as to compare it to anyone else who might have this problem.
Beyond this I'm afraid I have nothing to suggest.

Sam
Old September 20th, 2006, 11:57 PM

Quote:

You are right. It does not skip. I just installed 3.311 and tried to use the skip in auto mode. It did not skip. The sound went away but the lyrics kept sweeping across the screeen. I did a restore back to 3.310 and it did the skip in auto mode and played the next song in the playlist. When I installed 3.311, I did the update installation. I usually always do this and have found that when there is a problem, going back and doing the complete install, does not fix the problem. I believe this is a bug.

gpayne
Old September 21st, 2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
I can't see why they would have changed it in the newer versions, but can't say for certain.
aarrgee,

Looks like that feature is still in version 3311, but was unable to say for sure either way. Other users on another forum are reporting it is functional:

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?p=54298#post54298

May be a conflict in your system. If using XP do you have all the service pack upgrades installed?
Old September 21st, 2006, 02:22 PM

I am NOT having this problem with 3.311
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old September 21st, 2006, 07:50 PM

No Problem

I don't have this issue even on the old beater
1tb x2 hd
Plextor 716A
nvidea 9500Gt Graphics Card
Show Coputer

Backup Computer
Windows XP
1.86 Duo core Dell
160 gig Hd
320 gig Hd
2 gig ram
nvidea 8600 Graphics Card

320 gig external backup drive.
BACKUP is #1 Priority!!!!
Old September 21st, 2006, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Cure for Skip Problem

Quote:
MikeP came up with this one.
Switch back and forth from Auto to Manual checking the skip each time. At some point it should begin to work. At that point exit Hoster and re-open. Skip should be still working from then on.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:40 PM

Angry Skip button still won't work

Did everything that Ddouglass said, but hoster still won't skip the songs while playing. The song playing when trying to skip with the skip button in auto would lose audio and refuse to skip. Hoster 3.310 doesn't do this. As I said before, I tried this on 2 computers and got the same result with the latest upgrade 3.311 even on a fresh install. I had to reinstall 3.310 again. Hope this can be fixed cause I use the skip button on almost every song.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 06:42 AM

I am also having this 'not skipping' problem but not all the time,in fact it was going as normal then suddenly it won't skip, tried the above auto to manual switching going out of Hoster nothing helped but while using the skip button further down it starts working ! never had this before only after loading 3.311. I use this feature a lot when checking songs and during shows.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 07:27 AM
VIP

i have to be honest with you, ive never used the skip button. why do you need to skip ?? why cant you just highlight the next song and play it ?? or move the next song up one ?

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old September 23rd, 2006, 08:40 AM

Whatever the reason one may have to SKIP a track that's playing, it can be done in one keystroke, as compared to the three it takes to STOP, then HIGHLITE, and PLAY the next selection.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 09:30 AM
VIP

it just doent seem that critical to me to stop everything and fix the skip function.

i might just upgrade to 3.311 from 3.012

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old September 24th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

This is being looked at so give MTU a chance to find out what caused it and correct it.
Old September 25th, 2006, 01:51 AM

Great!, this problem is definitely an intermittent little critter.
Old September 26th, 2006, 10:06 PM

i just tried it, played a song and i clicked on skip..it skipped..!!! tried skipping on every song..didnt have any problem, it works !!