MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 24th, 2017, 07:49 PM

Reserved book ID

I am re-importing my songs into Hoster and have come across some of the book id\'s being reserved for certain brands. Why is that and how do I shut this off? This happened in the middle of importing a totally different brand.
4 GB RAM
60 GB internal program SSD drive
1 TB second internal music Hard Drive
Old September 25th, 2017, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Reserved book ID

You must already have used that Book ID. Did you copy your old songs.mdb into the Hoster Data folder or something like that.

If the songs you had backed up on another drive had their previous kmh headers or they were kma files then you dont have to re-import them via the Index song files again.

Open the Build database dialog and just use the Add Folder or Add Folder/Sub-folders buttons, as each folder path is added to the bottom list it builds them back into the darabase.

You should do this first to all your original songs before importing any new songs via the Index Song files dialog or it will give a Book Id that is already used by the previous imports.

Alternately if you had created a backup from the Help Menu/Backup/Restore feature, all you would have had to do was copy all your backed up music files to an identical named volume then used the restore feature, that would have restored the database and all your previous settings.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:06 AM

No, I am converting mp3+get pairs to KMA . I didn\'t think to back up the actual KMA files. Wish I had because this would be a lot easier to import.
4 GB RAM
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyGsKaraoke View Post
No, I am converting mp3+get pairs to KMA . I didn\\\'t think to back up the actual KMA files. Wish I had because this would be a lot easier to import.
Are you still getting the reserved book id Warning ?

It should only show that if you have already imported a disc id that is using that Book Id.

The BookID should auto select the next free Book Id.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Just wondering why you chose the kma format ?

If you import them as MP3+G (KMH) you would still be able to use them in any of your other software programs without doubling up on hard drive space.
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:09 PM

Because my backup computer, while it\'s not powerful enough to run Hoster runs a program that will play the KMA format.
4 GB RAM
Old September 25th, 2017, 11:47 PM

What is really weird is I had it happen twice during import and I have neither brand that they are referring to. So I think that it\'s just a weird bug because it let me use the book id\'s root when I clicked on yes. Went back to check on the brand that it listed the first song as and it was the brand it was supposed to be.
4 GB RAM
Old September 26th, 2017, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

one question you did not answer in post #2 was (did you copy your old songs.mdb or something like that)
if your starting from scratch you need that songs.mdb to be empty else those book ids will already have been assigned.
That is the only thing I can think of at the moment.
If your still getting that error I would use the rebuild database function, that would rebuid the database with only the files that you have imported so far and clear any other entries out.
You might be able to check if the database contains your old data by entering the wild card symbol * in the search or edit dialog and see if it lists songs that cant be played.
Old September 26th, 2017, 06:59 AM

totally new laptop, no way for there to be any old database. Didn\'t have Hoster on it previously. Can\'t see that that was the issue.
4 GB RAM