MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old August 26th, 2008, 01:57 PM

do i need disc to run a show

i have the hoster laptop i just bought and speakers moniter ammp and reciever and mics do i need disc can i get the songs from online and if so how do i do that
Old August 26th, 2008, 02:13 PM

You can buy karaoke discs all over the web. Just go to a search engine and tyre in "karaoke discs". Sometimes you can find a good deal on a set of disc from Ebay.

DOWNLOADING KARAOKE: Keep in mind, if you are not paying at least $1 per song (new) then it is very very illegal and immoral. There are no downloads that are legal in the USA, yet. Now that MP3's are legal to buy in the USA over the web, I feel confident that karaoke tracks will follow, but not right now.

There is a ton of great advice from very seasoned karaoke hosts on the MTU board. Be sure to take the time to read their advice,

Have Fun!

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old August 26th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

You need discs. The majority of online sites where you can download from are not legal and do not have license from the producers to provide the song files they do.
Old September 12th, 2008, 08:08 AM

Disc

You can get disc everyday off of Ebay, Kj's getting out of the business selling off thier equipment and music only with Ebay most of the time you get what you pay for If a disc is scratched there is nothing you can do about it. I like to use karaokeware house, Chartbuster, and sound chioce I have over 1000 disc in my collection and I am still buying. I know of Kj's around here (and this is Crazy DON'T DO THIS) that have gotten the Hoster Program and sold off thier disc. BIG MISTAKE, for one thing you have to have a disc for every song you have on your program, how do you prove you have said disc if you sell them off, two what if your system crashes GOD FORBID and your back up system is unstable you would have nothing to fall back on lost venue= lost income. I have never downloaded any karaoke off line, would not suggest this to anyone.
XP Home 5.1.2600 SP 3 Build 2600 TOSHIBA Satellite L25 System Type X86-based PC Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel 1496 Mhz TOSHIBA V1.50 SMBIOS Version 2.34 PM 256.00 MB VM 2.00 GB 250GB ex hd ATI
Old September 12th, 2008, 09:38 AM

Everyone has given you great advice. There is a site www.doowop.com that has free shipping on every disk you order. I have been using them for years. They just had a fire at there warehouse and are behind a little right now. I don't hold that against them though. They are very prompt at getting orders out and I have never had a problem with ordering from them.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 09:31 PM

doowop

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwheeler43 View Post
Everyone has given you great advice. There is a site www.doowop.com that has free shipping on every disk you order. I have been using them for years. They just had a fire at there warehouse and are behind a little right now. I don't hold that against them though. They are very prompt at getting orders out and I have never had a problem with ordering from them.
Amen doowop is great I buy alot from them but ebay is also good for sets
Dick
1tb x2 hd
Plextor 716A
nvidea 9500Gt Graphics Card
Show Coputer

Backup Computer
Windows XP
1.86 Duo core Dell
160 gig Hd
320 gig Hd
2 gig ram