MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 2nd, 2003, 08:03 AM

Well, I uninstalled 2.400 and reinstalled 2.312, which was the version I had purchased previously, and it came up with the same error I originally posted in here, and then I reinstalled 2.400 and it's back to how it was, with the drives not showing up! I just ran the aspicheck and this is what came up: (sorry, I'm still a bit green on this subject guys, but thanks for all your time and help)
:- LOG0143: *****************************************************************
LOG0144: Starting ASPICHK installer on Thu Jan 02 12:58:58 2003
ASPICHK0438: OS = Windows NT (5.01.2600)
UPGRADE1004: c:\windows\system32\wnaspi32.dll dated 07/17/2002 16:23:20, 45056 bytes.
UPGRADE1062: c:\windows\system32\wnaspi32.dll version 4.7.0.8
UPGRADE0965: File c:\windows\system\winaspi.dll does not exist
UPGRADE0369: No existing file to compare, upgrade recommended
UPGRADE1004: c:\windows\system32\drivers\aspi32.sys dated 07/17/2002 16:20:32, 84832 bytes.
UPGRADE1062: c:\windows\system32\drivers\aspi32.sys version 4.7.0.8
UPGRADE0965: File c:\windows\system\wowpost.exe does not exist
UPGRADE0369: No existing file to compare, upgrade recommended
ASPICHK0522: Inconsistent version numbers among components
ASPICHK0592: ASPI installation has problems
LOG0218: Closing installer log on Thu Jan 02 12:58:58 2003
LOG0219:
Old January 2nd, 2003, 09:49 AM
Frequent Member

Mike.....

I have run out of suggestions.....other than you contacting MTU Support. I have Win 98SE and don't have Win XP to troubleshoot on.

I ran across this:

"ASPI Manager for Windows XP
Introduction
The Communica ASPI Manager for Windows XP is a fully ASPI 2.0-compliant implementation for Microsoft Windows XP. It provides an ASPI interface for both 16-bit and Win32 applications which require ASPI, such as scanning applications, CD-ROM burning applications, and the like.

Installing and Using Communica's ASPI Manager
Download and extract the installation program, provided below. After installation, your system will contain the Windows XP ASPI drivers and support components. No user interface is required. An uninstallation application is provided."

Information on the Aspi Drivers for Win XP Here:
http://www.communica.com/downloads2.html

Aspi Driver Download at this Link:
http://www.communica.com/thankyou.html
Old January 2nd, 2003, 10:36 AM

I downloaded the Aspi driver from the above link, but when I try to install I get the following error message:General file transfer error. Please check your target location and try again.
I tried downloading the file again, but it's the same! :(
Old January 2nd, 2003, 11:46 AM

Support will need to know which version of XP you are running, and whether it was an upgrade or a new install. Something is really wierd is going on. If this was an XP upgrade from 98SE, I'd be mighty tempted to uninstall XP and reinstall 98SE and see if the problem is persistant, especially since the problem was still present when you went back to your older Microstudio, which had been working prior to XP .
Old January 2nd, 2003, 12:11 PM

Mikey Mike,
It does sound to me that you have got some problems with your ASPI drivers in this system. I am running one of the Plextor 1610 TA drives in my system here at the office, and it works fine with Microstudio 2.400.

Try to install these Adaptec ASPI drivers to see if they will make a difference. They can be downloaded from: http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/sup...s+ASPI+Package

Click on the Top link for XP.

Download this file to your computer. Then Double click it to extract the files. I would extract it to a short named directory such as c:\ASPI.

You then will need to go to your Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Command Prompt. This will be all done in Dos. You then need to type in cd c:\ASPI, this should put your cursor after the c:\ASPI directory.

NOTE:If this is not the case then on your system it's not working that way. I just tested this on Winodws 2000 and it all worked like this.

Once you are at this directory type in the folowing: (This is for XP Home or Professional) install.bat xp32, then press the Enter Key. It should then run the Adaptec ASPI installation and tell you that the drivers have been updated or copied. Then Reboot the computer.

Once this has been done, go back into your c:\ASPI folder under Windows Explorer or My Computer. Double click on the aspichk.exe program, located in this folder. This will then check the versions of the ASPI drivers on your system. They should show: 4.71.2 for the ASPI32.sys and WNASPI32.dll files. If not then they didn't correctly update, and this shoud be done over.

Once the updated has been verified. Open Microstudio. Click on the Drives menu at the top. Click on ASPI Drivers. Change this to Use the default driver. Click OK. Close Microstudio, then Reopen Microstudio and let us know if the drives show up now.
Old January 2nd, 2003, 01:43 PM

Smile

Well Brian, I followed your instructions and it still didn't work until I rebooted the pc, then whe I wen to check for they drives, there they were! Thanx very much to all of you for all the time and interest shown in my problem! Now to work!
Old January 3rd, 2003, 11:07 AM

Unhappy Try installing under Windows 98 or 2000

Mike,
I would recommend that you reinstall the software under the version of windows that you had it working. This can be done with Windows XP by
1- Highlight the program download file and right click
2- Go to properties
3- Go to the Compatibility Tab
4- Click the Compatibility Mode tag
5- Chose the Windows version and "Apply"

Or you may run the "Compatibility Wizard" by clicking the link at the bottom of the Compatibility Tab screen.

Hope this helps

BANDL
Old January 3rd, 2003, 11:23 AM

BANDL,
You are a little late, in the note above yours Mikey Mike tells that after following support's advise all is working...

Jim
Old January 3rd, 2003, 11:30 AM
Frequent Member

Mikey Mike.......

Now that you have you aspi layer working in XP.....
I'm courious if XP has an ASPILOG.TXT file?

I you would like you to copy and paste to a POST to see what it looks like.......

Thanks, kjzone
Old January 3rd, 2003, 09:32 PM

Sorry, but if you could tell me where I might find this aspilog.txt file, I'd gladly send it to ya!
Old January 3rd, 2003, 09:40 PM
Frequent Member

It's probably on the C: drive

Double Click on My Computer and then C: drive, should be pretty close to the top just after the Folder Icons.

You can also go to Start, Find, Files & Folders

On the Pop Up under Named: put in AspiLog.txt

Look in: Should be C: Drive
Old January 3rd, 2003, 09:57 PM

Just go to c:, and in the system tasks box click on search for files and folders, all files and folders. Then type it into the search box. When it comes up copy and paste it.

George

Last edited by George; January 4th, 2003 at 12:46 AM.
Old January 4th, 2003, 05:55 AM

Sorry to say that I performed the search and even had a look for the file myself, but there doesn't seem to be such a file on drive c.
If I do happen to come across it, I'll post it in here!