MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 27th, 2005, 10:13 PM

Unhappy I can't attach an input file...?

Hi...
I'm new and very inexperienced...so all help will be greatly appreciated. I bought the software but haven't yet received it. I downloaded Vogone, but when I try to insert a wave file, nothing stays there. I am trying to open either Windows Media or an audio CD that is inserted to attach in "select input file".

Am I doing something wrong? I don't have any instructions...yet -?

Thanks so much~
Seapearl
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:19 PM

Go to this thread for step by step instructions in Using Vogone.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=2823

Hope this helps,

George
Old July 28th, 2005, 09:28 AM

Unhappy

Dear George,

Thanks so much for your reply. I have already read those instructions on this site. I can't get any folder to open for the "select input file" feature. I have tried a CD and Windows Media(where I have many wav files) and neither will open...so I'm stuck at this step.
Old July 28th, 2005, 10:32 AM

Hi,

Don't know where most of your files came from, but Vogone will not open monaural .wav files, which most internet downloaded wav files are.

Vogone will only work with hard drive stored stereo wav files. It won't open a cd file either.

If you have Microstudio, try setting up a songlist folder on the hard drive, and import a cd track to that folder. Make certain to select WAV on the import page.

Then see of you can direct Vogone to that folder and open the file.

If that works I'd be tempted to say the files you are trying to open may not be stereo..

All is not lost if that is the case because you can get some audio editing software such as Goldwave and convert those files to Stereo, if you felt compelled to do so.

Take care,

George
Old July 30th, 2005, 09:45 PM

...still no success

Hi George... I tried to figure this out from what you wrote last before writing again...but I've been unsuccessful. I didn't realize that I couldn't upload a wav file from a cd...and I have all my music stored in windows media...but I can't get them into the "select input file" window. Is there a way to do this....or another way/place/folder I should be saving music to on my hard drive? If so would you explain how to store stereo wav files on the hard drive?

Sorry if I seem dense...I really expected the software to come with some instructions.

Thanks so much for your patience ~

Seapearl
Old July 30th, 2005, 09:47 PM

ps....

Also...I don't have Microstudio (that I know of-?) .
Is there a way to get it, or another option?

Thanks!
S~
Old July 30th, 2005, 10:30 PM

When you open Vogone, at the bottom center there is a button marked READ MANUAL. Those are the instructions for using the program.

You can copy wav files from a cd to the hard drive...never said you couldn't.
Vogone won't process a track that is on the cd. You must copy it to the hard drive first.

I have never used WMP except as a player, so I can't tell you how to use WMP, or where it stores the files it imports. All I've ever needed or want to use for copying, importing and burning files is Microstudio. It is an MTU product, purchasable from the website store, just like Vogone.

I don't know why you can't open your files. When you click on SELECT INPUT FILE in Vogone, a drop down menu opens that allows you to track through to wherever you have your wav files stored. I'd guess you can locate the WMP files, I don't know.

I set up a folder on my c:\ named SONGLIST I put everything wav or cdg there for easy reference..

I know this isn't much help, but I have no knowledge regarding WMP. I use it strictly as a default player for .wav files only.

If there's anyone else reading this that is familiar with WMD, please feel free to jump on in and render some aid.

George

Last edited by George; July 30th, 2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old July 31st, 2005, 07:18 PM

one step closer...

George...actually you are helping.

I have two problems with what you wrote last; the first is that when I click on the "read manual" button, an "alert" window opens with an exclamation point that says "c is not a registered protocol". Do you know what that means? I have a registration number...

The other problem is that I'm not sure of how to properly copy a cd to a folder and then grab onto it with the "select input file" feature. I didn't think you said I couldn't copy wav files from a cd to the hard drive...I just don't know how. I tried copying a cd to a new folder on my desktop called "songlist", but when I try to use the "select input file" button, it won't open...anything...so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

All insights & instructions welcome.

Thank you...
Seapearl
Old July 31st, 2005, 08:03 PM

Read the info regarding that error message on this thread.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?...tered+protocol

Regarding copying tracks, try not copying to a folder on the desktop. Create a new folder on C:

Open MY COMPUTER.

Double click on C:

Click on FILE, then NEW, FOLDER. Then name the folder whatever you wish.

Import a wav track to that folder.

Then open Vogone, and click ,on SELECT INPUT FILE, and see of you can then navigate to c: and open the new folder...your track should be there.

George