MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old August 22nd, 2001, 03:30 AM

Question microstudio not recognizing plextor w/ Pyro firewire kit

I have a plextor 16/10/40A drive in a pyro firewire kit. Installed Microstudio but it doesn't see the plextor drive, only the internal DVD ROM.

Is there a special driver or installation procedure I need to do ?

Thanks,

Kim Chu
Old August 22nd, 2001, 11:32 AM

Does your computer show the Plextor Drive as being installed? Are you able to use other programs to access this drive such as Ez CD Creator that would have come with the Plextor drive?

If not then you have something that is not installed correctly. The plextor should show up no problem, from what we have been told by other clients. We have never supported or tested using this method, but do have some clients that are using it. There is no special drivers for Microstudio to use this. You will have to make sure that you have Version 2.3.0.3 or later to run the Plextor 16x drive.
Old August 22nd, 2001, 11:36 AM

Yes, all the software from plextor and Adaptec sees the drive and can access it. I downloaded your demo software to test it out before investing in it. Again, the only drive that shows up is the internal DVD ROM drive.

Any addtional thoughts ?

Thanks,

Kim
Old August 22nd, 2001, 11:44 AM

Kim,
The Demo software will not support that drive. The demo software will only support up to the Plextor 1210ta as of right now. We have not gotten the updated demo version from the engineer yet. It should be a few weeks before we receive this new version. The full release version will support that drive though.
Old August 22nd, 2001, 07:02 PM

Thanks.

Is there another way to try out your software with my current setup of Pyro firewire kit + Plextor 16/10/40A before purchasing the software to ensure it works ?

Thanks,

Kim
Old September 13th, 2001, 11:48 AM

Kim, the new Microstudio 2.312 demo does support this drive. You can download it from: http://www.mtu.com/support/demos/code-microstudio.htm
Old September 17th, 2001, 11:43 PM

Lightbulb Pyro Kit Software

Kim, which version of Windows are you using?
You must install your pyrodrive kit software first. After that you must see how your kit is set up(drive mode)Optical or Hard drive. Set it for Optical. Go to control panel / system / device manager / cd rom see if it is listed with your other cd rom's
if not, you don't have it installed right. Check the simple info that comes with the drive about how to install it before you try to use it to do CDG. See if you can load the ADS software. When starting the drive.....You have to turn the drive on first(wait ten seconds) before you plug in the fire wire cable then it will show up. If you put the cable in first before you turn it on.....it wont work........and it could burn out the kit in the back of the box. I have 2 of these and have burned one out so I have experience with it.

Last edited by DW; September 17th, 2001 at 11:51 PM.