MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old April 6th, 2001, 02:11 PM

Question

I really could use some support here. I'd like to redownload your demo version, but need to solve the problems that occured in the first attempt. Two days, no response yet. I've been trying to find answers for 39 days, finally found MTU and got excited. Please don't let me down. I don't know what to do after this. I'm really new to computers so please bear w/me if I ask the wrong ?'s.
I've read on your site that a person COULD clone disc-to-disc, but the support required would be too substantial. One of my ?'s all along(on other sites) has been, can I replace my Toshiba CD/DVD ROM with another Plextor. If so, what am I giving up besides watching DVD's on my PC. Is it a smart move? Plextor tech said I needed to purchase 40xPlexReader, Scuzzy card, Scuzzy cables. Then a guy that burns alot of CDG's w/Clonecd said that the 40xPlexReader WILL NOT read the raw data, and to save my money. I'd prefer to burn disc-to-disc, but is that the best route?
What is the best possible setup to burn whole CDG's & do compilations? Not sure what info you need to know re: my PC, so I'll start with the following:
ASUS CUV4X Motherboard AGP4x/133Mhz bus
866 Mhz Pemtium III
128MB SDRAM/(8ns/133Mhz)1GBMax
30GB IBM 7200 RPM/Ultra DMA/ATA-100 Hard Drive
Toshiba 16x40 CD/DVD ROM
32MB GeForce 2 MX AGPx4 Video Card
56K US Robotics V.90 Data/Fax Modem
Windows 98se
PlexWriter 12/10/32A, TLA 1.08
There you have it! I know this long, but I gotta get it out.
Can you PLEASE help me? I'm desperate.
Sincerely,
Country Girl
Old April 9th, 2001, 05:02 AM

If you want to copy disc to disc, then to be certain that its going to copy ok you are probably better off using 2 cd writers that are certified for use with cd+g, that way at least you know the copies will work and wont have pixel drop out on the graphics.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Incidentely why do you need to remove your dvd as your mainboard has facility for 4 ide devices and from what you have listed you only have 3 at the moment.

Cheers Chris
Old April 20th, 2001, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Country Girl, we don't support disk-to-disk copying. There is a lot that can go wrong, and we thus choose not to support that mode. We take the conservative approach of copying to the hard drive, then to the CDR drive.

Keep you Toshiba CDROM/DVD drive, and use your Plextor CDR/RW writer with Microstudio. It allows copying discs, making custom assemblies, and turns your PC into a full screen Karaoke CDG disc (or from hard drive) player. A new Import Tracks Tab is being added right now that allows bringing in multiple tracks at once from a CD/CDG disc as files on the hard drive.

I would not change any hardware on your system.