MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 23rd, 2003, 04:30 PM

Question Problems With Microstudio 2.400 Play Tab in Win Xp Pro

Please can you assist:

Iam using microstudio 2.400 with Win Xp Pro.

The problem lies with the Play Tab - With Both Play From Hard Drive & CD options - I have tried 8bit & screen window options - both with no improvement.

The title screen of the track draws OK - BUT WILL NOT DRAW OR PLAY THE FOLLOWING SCREENS - the display sticks on the title screen! - the music plays without interuption the whole way through.

All other aspects of system are ok, writing ok @ 48x & Reading Ok @ 12x with plextor PXW4824TA IDE drive.

The problem exists after many attempts to alter Graphics card Hardware Acceleration, tried all steps from 0 to Full Acceleration along with many dxdiag tests.

All worked ok in 2.315

I Have tried my older Yamaha CRW8824 & HP9310i drives both with the same results as my newer Plextor PXW4824TA

I have had this problem with my older 16mb 3dfx Voodoo 3 card and now with the brand new 64mb NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 card I have fitted in an attempt to cure the problem.

This situation exists with Sunfly, EK Essential, Legends, Pocket songs & All other brands of disks tried.

Can You Help Me?
Old January 23rd, 2003, 11:19 PM

Ducky,

When you installed 2.40, did you first uninstalled 2.315?

If you didn't, perhaps you want to try uninstalling everything and making a clean install of 2.400.
Many issues have been resolved by taking this step.

Good luck,

Jon
Old January 24th, 2003, 01:15 PM

Question Problems With Microstudio 2.400 Play Tab in Win Xp Pro

Yes jaddams, I completely uninstalled 2.315 thru the Windows XP Control panel's "ADD / REMOVE PPROGRAMMES" feature and all items were removed.

I have tried this several times with no results any different.

It looks like a possible bug in 2.400 under Windows XP.
Old January 25th, 2003, 07:39 AM

Ducky,

The are no bugs on 2.400 that prevents using the play tab under Windows XP Pro or any other Windows Operating System platform.

Perhaps you can contact tech support by email.

Good luck,

Jon
Old January 25th, 2003, 08:49 AM

I've got this problem too.
Didn't have it with the previous version.

Platform Windows XP Pro.
Description: Select a cd+g image and press play. Initial screen is displayed and does not update. Music still plays.
Old January 25th, 2003, 10:25 AM

It does not go away...but

sgoldthorpe and scottmcgavin

I had this same problem (and still have it). Go to this posting

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=1684

and scroll down several messages, you will recognize the problem. You will also see a number of suggestions...none worked in my system (Windows XP and a Plextor 48/24/48A with 64MB DDR NVidia GeForce4 MX 420 with TV out). I was in back-and-forth correspondence in the forum with a number of very helpful people and privately with Bryan Cox. Unfortunatly, none of the suggestions helped. I still have the problem. That's the bad news. Here is the sort-of-good news. I have found a way to make my Microstudio play the songs and display the graphics consistently and in any size windows. I do not know why it works, but in my system it works 100% of the time.

Here is what I do:

1- Before I open microstudio I open one other piece of software. It seems to work with some and not others. The softwares that I open and make Microstudio display work are:

Band-in-a-Box
Digital Orchestrator Pro
Cakewalk Home Studio
or the Windows Media Player

2- Once the program is running, I minimize it and open Microstudio. Now it WORKS!!!!

I told this to Bryan Cox a while back, I have not heard from him. I have no idea why it works, but it does!

It seems that the one thing that many of the programs that help Microstudio have is that they all work through the sound card....could it be a problem with the compatibility of Microstudio with the sound card? I have no clue!

Try it and please, let me know!

Good luck

BANDL

PS By the way the "trick" also works when Microstudio is opened first and it is not desplaying graphics properly. If you minimize Microstudio open one of the programs I describe above, minimize it and then go back to Microstudio...it WORKS!
Old January 25th, 2003, 12:55 PM

Question Still Got Problems With Play TAB On Xp Pro

Just to prove a point, I tried 2.400 in Windows 98se in the other hard drive partition of my PC (Win Xp Pro & Win98se - Dual Boot) with the SAME hardware and it all works OK.

This leads me to suggest after all my tests and DRIVER updates still with NO result of Proper play tab operation 2.400 under Windows XP Pro that there is definitely a glitch in 2.400 when used with Xp Pro!

Supporting evidence is the fact that 2.315 works ok with Xp Pro!

Also as I check my reply threads from the other guys (many thanks to you for that!), that Iam not alone in this situation with no proper play tab operation with 2.400 in Win Xp Pro?

The guys at MTU surely must look into this as a matter of urgency as the 2.400 is their current product and Windows XP Pro is the current O/S from Microsoft?
Old January 25th, 2003, 03:18 PM

Cool I agree!

Ducky

I agree with you about the glitch in 2.400. It is definetly not an isolated case and it is definetly a problem with the software that should be solved.

The last time that I received any correspondence from Bryan (Jan 15th) he said that he was trying to gather information from other clients that were affected by this problem. Have you send Bryan the information?

I don't know if any progress has been made.

Did you try the "fix" that I suggested in my previous message?

BANDL
Old January 26th, 2003, 05:07 PM

Play Probs in 2.400 with Xp Pro

Bandl I tried your suggestions an d found them intermitent, but a freind of mine who works for Microsoft in the UK has found 2.400 to be a non XP Pro Application. We Are Not Alone - the Truth is Outhere . ....T.M. (tHe X Files!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old January 26th, 2003, 06:36 PM

Wink Someone gave you the wrong info

Ducky,

Your friend in the UK confuses me. What does he means by “ 2.400 is a non XP Pro Application?” Of course it isn’t.

MicroStudio 2.400 IS and ALWAYS has been a MTU application

There are thousands applications running under all versions of Windows, including XP of course, that Microsoft doesn't and will never now about because Microsoft does NOT check or certify independently developed programs!

All one needs to develop a programs to run under Windows, aside from knowing the programing language, is to have access to their SDK's.

Microsoft releases something called “Platform Software Development Kit (SDK)” which contains the information a programmer needs to develop application for Microsoft Windows. The current SDK release support the following platforms:

· Windows .NET Server 2003 family
· Windows Advanced Server, Limited Edition
· Windows XP
· Windows XP 64-bit Edition
· Windows 2000
· Windows NT® versions 3.51 and 4.0
· Windows Millennium Edition
· Windows 95 and Windows 98

Rest assured that MicroStudio 2.400 has been designed to meet all XP requirements.

There may be some glitches in 2.400 as there is not such an animal as a bug-free software and, sometimes bugs are found months and even years after an official release. Microsoft itself releases fixes to bugs regularly. They call those fixes “patches and service packs.”

I have 2.400 running flawlessly in three different Windows Platforms and different computer configuration. Please check out the following link:

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1702

The Windows XP operating system is VERY HARDWARE dependent and as such, Microsoft has released a “Hardware Compatibility and Driver’s Signature list.”

MicroStudio is a software application!

Your problem with the “play tab” will be resolved.

Best regards,

Jon
Old January 27th, 2003, 06:04 PM

Talking I hope you are right

jaddams

I agree with your answer to ducky.

I am one of those "suffering" through a sometimes-unusable "play tab", however at least for now I have found a work around.

Whether the problem will be solved or not... I hope you are right!

BANDL
Old January 29th, 2003, 10:07 AM

Each of you that are having this problem, please post your DXDIAG in this post with your reply. This way we can have the engineer and myself take a look at this. The problem lies with some combination of hardware under XP Pro. We are trying to diagnose it, but this is not an easy one. As every system we have here it runs perfect on.

Here is the Link on how to get to the Dxdiag, then just attach it to the post when you are posting a reply.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=322
Old January 29th, 2003, 02:38 PM

Mtu Support

Please find enclosed my dxdiag

Many thanks
Old January 29th, 2003, 04:14 PM

I am having the same problem.
I am attaching dxdiag
Old January 29th, 2003, 06:01 PM

Talking My Dxdiag

Here is mine
Old February 6th, 2003, 03:59 PM

I tried your solution posted in another thread and changed my sound card acceleration.
1. Its a pity you didnt think to post it to this thread since no doubt others like me were following this thread waiting for a reply.

2. It does work - however I lose at least 50% of my volume so not a solution for me unles you can tell me how to regain my volume

John
Old February 6th, 2003, 04:06 PM

Here is the Link to this fix. We have had no other clients complain of a volume loss with this fix. This is due to that sound card, the only thing that I can recommend that the engineer said is to replace that sound card with a new Sound Blaster Audigy.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=1796
Old February 6th, 2003, 04:21 PM

For any who are also using Karaoke Home Producer(being replaced with Kpro) another alternative would be an audio editing program such as Goldwave (approx. $35.00 US)). In addition to changing the volume of a .wav track you can level the volume between tracks, add silence for countdowns at the beginning of tracks that have no lead in instrumentals, fade in or out, remove scratches from LP's being archived to cd's, and a host of other audio editing tricks.

Not much value if not using KHP to make one's own cdg's, but for those interested:

http://www.goldwave.com
Old February 6th, 2003, 04:34 PM

No dont agree
This is not a hardware problem
It is definitely software related to v 2.4

Normal Audio CD plays at normal volumes
Old February 6th, 2003, 05:04 PM

Well OK maybe not a sofware problem related to V2.4

More user error I guess.

found the wave volume turned down. Just by luck though so thankfully the computer shops are closed in the UK just now or I may have been the proud owner of a second sound card with only one computer