MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 7th, 2009, 06:54 PM

Question Hoster 4.11 upgrade

Hey guys, its been a while. My order 61429 was for Hoster 4.0. I recently downloaded the upgraded 4.11 onto my primary laptop a week or so ago and attempted today to upgrade to 4.11 on my backup machine. I saved the file but efforts to run setup fail saying that I have the wrong reg number or need to buy an upgrade. I logged into my store account and it shows the same reg number I entered to try and run setup and got several of the same error messages. Its been a while since I have been here, am I missing something simple? I would like to get this backup machine upgraded before the weekend if possible. Thanks for any help.
Old December 7th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

You are asking those questions in the wrong place. You need to submit a Support Email Ticket for this.
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:15 PM

I had the same problem and submitted a ticket on Sun (12/6). Haven't heard back yet.
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:43 PM

Mackie, I went back to the download site and realized that I downloaded Hoster "Lite" when I had Video Hoster. After I downloaded the right Hoster, my reg number worked fine. You might check to ensure that you downloaded the right upgrade. They look similar and it was easy to make the mistake. Hope this helps. Steve
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackieRocks View Post
I had the same problem and submitted a ticket on Sun (12/6). Haven't heard back yet.
I would go back and check your account and try again. It may already be fixed, but for whatever reason, you were not notified.
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:23 PM

Steve... I did check and re-tried, still didn't work. Thanks for the info though!
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:41 PM

marklwood... I checked my account and everything is in order. The puzzling thing is I downloaded the 4.11 install to my desktop on the secondary P/C before upgrading my primary. When I went to run the install after the information was transmitted to MTU, I got the error message "This software can install and register on 2 computer(s). Our records show that it is already registered on 2 computers". Keep in mind that at this point I hadn't upgraded my primary. So, I tried to upgrade my primary and everything worked perfectly. I'm sooooo confused. By the way, shortly before writing this post, I tried to run the upgrade on my secondary again and I keep getting the same message.
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:50 PM

have you done anything to your pc ie. changed hhd etc? did you removed the prior version? if you did not, that might be the reason why it says already installed in 2 pc,
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:00 PM

The only thing I did was to add it to a router since I loaded 4.10. I did remove all reference to 4.10 prior to the install.
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackieRocks View Post
The only thing I did was to add it to a router since I loaded 4.10. I did remove all reference to 4.10 prior to the install.

you should have left the 4.10 and when you installed the 4.11 you should have clicked on upgrade , instead of removed.if you can, un- install the 4.11 and re-install 4.10, then try to upgrade to 4.11, this time click on upgrade and save
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:40 PM

Smile

That's normally what I do and did do this time when I got the message originally. I will try re-installing 4.10 again and do an upgrade. Thanx.
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:46 PM

try that and see if it works, if not maybe you have to go to support and submit a ticket...and have your reg. re-set.
Old December 10th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bauer View Post
Hey guys, its been a while. My order 61429 was for Hoster 4.0. I recently downloaded the upgraded 4.11 onto my primary laptop a week or so ago and attempted today to upgrade to 4.11 on my backup machine. I saved the file but efforts to run setup fail saying that I have the wrong reg number or need to buy an upgrade. I logged into my store account and it shows the same reg number I entered to try and run setup and got several of the same error messages. Its been a while since I have been here, am I missing something simple? I would like to get this backup machine upgraded before the weekend if possible. Thanks for any help.
Thanks for posting your "confusion". I modified our "error message" that is sent back down to be the following. Hopefully it will help others identify this possible cause earlier, and with less stress.

Error 9:
There is a problem with the Registration data you entered with two possible causes.
1. The Registration Email you entered must be what you used when you ordered this product.

2. The Registration Code you entered is:
A) for a different product (ex: Video Hoster Lite -vs- Video Hoster,
B) for a prior version number that you need to buy an upgrade to install, or
C) not accurately entered as the exact Code for your Product.

Please log into your MTU Store Account, and either scroll to the bottom to find your Email and RegCode, or click the order number where you bought this Product and scroll to the bottom of its page for the data.

Click OK to close this message, then click the Back button and enter the correct Email or Code for this product exactly as it appears, or copy/paste it into the field."
Old December 10th, 2009, 05:15 PM

Thanks Admin, I think this will make it more clear.
Old December 10th, 2009, 05:43 PM

Thanks for the help Admin!