MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old February 15th, 2008, 08:58 PM

OK,

Several posts back I got a new toy. The M-Audio NRV-10 and I was really happy......until I used it.

First let me say I love the idea. M-Audio was spot on with their concept. But in actuality it was not the best built piece of equipment. Pre-amps were average at best. Had crosstalk on numerous channels and several of the variations on their effects were non-existent.

Took it back and got my money back. Like I said, great idea but the build needs a lot of tweaking. Yamaha has something similar now I think it's called the N8 which is an 8 in/out firewire mixer that I'm interested in but I'm gonna hold off a bit to see where the market goes with this technology first.

Monolith Entertainment
Old March 30th, 2008, 08:42 PM

I have had one problem with my makie cfx12 mkII. It has sub mix buttons one I don't need the and two they don't like to be in a smokie bar I have to clean them out or they start to not make a clean connection but its an easy fix I just run both sides on the sub mix if one side goes out. I run in mono anyway so this really doesn't change much.
Old May 1st, 2008, 11:28 PM

I use a Yorkville AudioPro 818 for shows that I need my own power, and a Soundcraft Spirit M4 for shows that have in house power.

But whatever you use, you have to set it properly for the venue, and adjust depending on how full it gets throughout the evening, don't just set it and forget it or it won't sound good.
Old May 9th, 2008, 12:58 PM

Acesonic AM-825 600 Watt Karaoke Mixing Amplifier with USB

I use this Acesonic AM-825 600 watt mixing amp.

http://www.acekaraoke.com/acesonic-a...ifier-usb.html

Its very flexible, and the price was right. Its got a built in BBE sonic maximizer... which I use with an external one as well... I don't use an EQ at all... and don't need one.

I can adjust the audio and vocals, and have a lot of control. Everybody always compliments me on the sound quality, although I am looking at some Yamaha 15"s to really add some serious punch to the whole thing.

The quality is full and rich, and even though I'm using 2-ways, I have a nice "mid" sound.

The features on this amp are really something, and its meant for karaoke. I spent a lot of time reasearching and looking for something that A) would fit in the budget, and B) offer the features that I needed. This amp rocks, and Acesonic is a great company to deal with.

Its rack mountable... a big plus, and has speak-on jacks. I'm using speak-on to 1/4" speaker cables. All the patchcord work is done in the rack... so all I have to attach is the microphones, speakers, and the DJ mixer and I'm ready to go... it takes me 15 minutes to set up, and that includes unloading the van!

Last edited by karaoke koyote; May 9th, 2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:24 PM

Phonic Powerpod K-12 Powered Mixer 500w/channel Stereo.

Has TWO Digital Effects Channels, which means I can add 2 effects at the SAME time...some Singers need all they can get.

Mixer has 1 high 2 mids and 1 Low sweep controls per Microphone Channels w/Inserts. Compressors have been inserted on all 6 cordless mics.

With the superior control over the Mic Channels, the ability to INSERT, the TWO seaparate Channels of DIGITAL effects, and 500 Watts/channel of onboard Power this Mixer can't be beat for Karaoke applications.

I know what your thinking, the Yamaha EMX 5000 has the same thing...uh...no it doesn't. The K-12 is RACKMOUNTABLE...the EMX isn't.