MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Closed Thread

Old July 15th, 2004, 04:58 AM

why are MP3's sounding

My MP3's sound bad sometimes. Some the sound(bass and clarity drop out and come back. Sometimes the song is good in one speaker bu soft or no bass. I notice different sound or instuments play in both speakers and sometimes it don't. What causes this? My mackie mixer? windows media player? Ripping quality?

Please Help
Rich
Old July 21st, 2004, 12:04 PM

Re: why are MP3's sounding

If the sound problem is not from the cd media quality, cd source quality or mp3 bit rate selection, it may be due to a bad audio connection from the sound card to the mixer. Good Luck..
Old July 21st, 2004, 02:26 PM

What you described is a poor bit rate. With a standard mp3 encoder I suggest you don't go less than 128k or if you have too I suggest you go with the wma format which is better compare to a standard mp3 encoder.
Old July 21st, 2004, 11:18 PM

I used win media player to rip them and ripped them at a 128 rate. I used my MTU CD Rom drive to do so.

Also I agree the stereo sound would be great but I can hear drops in bass and then it comes back. Some times it don't. I can hear it but everyone else says they don't only one or two expirenced singers say they can hear it. And 9 times out of 10 its on MP3 or music I ripped with win media player.

want a crisp clear consistant sound

"I know, that it's only karaoke, but I like it, like it, yes I do"
HEHEHEHEHE instead of the Stones it only rock and roll...LOL
Old July 22nd, 2004, 12:05 AM

Actually. I wouild never rip an MP3 at 128, it still sounds like crap. I use at the very least 192. As for hoster i rip at the 128 setting because it's equivelant to a 256 mp3
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 02:27 AM

Even still If I rip at 128 or play the cd straight they sound the same. Its the stereo vs mono effects I am having problems with. I agree stereo would be great if I were playing to crowds evenly form the speakers. But, in clubs or bars some people will be closer to one speaker or the other so they wont hear it in stereo. How do I fix that?

Rich