MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 4th, 2001, 10:32 AM

Question If I buy the Plextor will it work for sure?

Dear MTU and Wise Forum Folks:

I guess my question is: If I buy the Plextor CD Burner and the Microstudio Software from MTU, do you assure me that I will be able to play the CD+G I backup with those tools in my Vocopro CD+G system.

All brands of CD+G I have work really good and I have about 20 different manufacturers brands. I don’t like the idea of having to test the CD+G in another player. Mine was very expensive $1,100 USD and works perfect with all brands except with the CD+G I burn now (without the Plextor)

Do all manufacturers do something different?
Is there a lock somewhere?
Please help!
Old December 4th, 2001, 02:09 PM

Plextor burner for cdg

Iam not quite sure I understand your question...BUT, if you are wanting to copy (backup) your existing cdg discs..you can't do it with a burner that doesn't read cdg, and you can't do it with software that doesn't read cdg. You have to have both.. that is what I did, I bought Microstudio software, and the Plextor burner. Now I copy all my cdg's and they work great in my karaoke system. (they work great in the system where I work also) Iam a Karaoke Hostess... so my copies HAVE to work!! Also, I can say I love my Plextor burner..it is faster than the older burner that didnt read cdg's...
I've been told there are other burners out there that will read cdg's but I don't know the brands and I'm not sure you could get a better one than Plextor.
Remember though you also have to have the Microstudio software.
hope this helps.
Lisah
Old December 4th, 2001, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Arrow This is not a simple problem to answer

Admin

1. We have thousands of users who - as you can see in the Forums - do not report the problem you have. Your problem requires diagnosing, and we have done our best to help you. This is beyond what you should expect for free customer support.

2. Are you sure you are using Microstudio demo and not CDRWIN? To my knowledge we do not default to 1x write speed in our demo. The hampering is it only reads, plays and writes 75 seconds of each song. CDRWIN will write a full disc at 1x speed.

3. From all that has transpired, I believe your problem is your VocoPro. We have requested that you take a disc (several would be better) that will not play on your VocoPro and play it in another Karaoke machine. This is the best and easiest diagnostic test you can do. You don't have to buy another player, as you indicated you did not want to do. Go to another Karaoke hosted show and see if the disc will play in their player. If it plays, it is your VocoPro that is the problem.

4. How long are the tracks on discs you copy with Microstudio? Be very specific: How many tracks are written to your test disc and how long is each track.

5. Try playing each track, not just the first. Try each one and writ down exactly what happens. Post here what happens when you try to play each track.

6. Contacted VocoPro about your problem. Post what they tell you about their player and CDR written discs, and what they say about your problem.

7. Please, post the results under this Thread. Do not email them to us as you are contacting several of our staff. We need to see all your facts in this one Thread.

8. We use to sell HP CDR drives. We rejected 40% to 60% of the drives we bought and tested, returning the rejected ones. Thus, I do suspect that your CDR drives could be the problem. Given the difficulties you are having, and that you are in Mexico, I do not want to take your order until you do the tests I ask above, and post your results here. If we can't solve this problem, buying more hardware is not the answer. Follow our instructions carefully, and accurately.

9. Have you cleaned your CDR lens as MTUSUPPORT asked below? If not, do this before you make any more test discs.

10. If you follow our instructions, your will post your results in this Thread in this Forum. Also, make very sure you are using MICROSTUDIO and not CDRWIN. Post the version number of Microstudio in your answer. To find this, click the Help menu, and the About Microstudio command to see the version number.

Below is more correspondence we have had with you on this problem.

====================================
Rodrigo: I downloaded the Microstudio demo version and tested 2 CD burners the HP 8200 and the HP 9100 and 2 brands of CDs Sony and Memorex (that’s 4 different combinations), I have been able to record a CDG and to play them back in both computers the one with the HP 8200 and the other with the HP 9100.

But my VOCOPRO Viper II System would not read the disks every 10 to 15 times I try. The machine reeds only one song and will stop at the end. With new disks my CDG player ALWAYS works.

Am I doing something wrong?
Could it be the Burners?
Could it be the CDs?
Could it be the Vocopro Karaoke Player?
MTUSUPPORT Do you know of anyone that has a different player? If so test your cdg on that and if it plays all the songs then it's the vocpro. If not it may be a number of things like your burners, a dirty lense or a bad cd-r. Test it out and repost when you're done.
Rodrigo: Unfortunately it is not easy to find another CDG player here in Mexico. I received the first response from MTU asking if I’m using CDRW discs and that is negative, I’m only using CDR disks. Thanks for your help...
MTUSUPPORT Some CD+G players may require the disk to be written at 1x speed. Try writing at a slower speed to see if this makes a difference or not.
Rodrigo: I don’t want seem negative, but I did that, as a matter of fact the Microstudio demo is defaulted at 1x. And that is how I recorded it. The really strange thing is this: I have about 100 CD+G different brands and even a Mexican brand and all play perfectly in the first attempt. The CD+Gs I burned with the Microstudio would play in my Karaoke machine only after putting it in pushing the play key and waiting for 1 or 2 minutes and then taking it out and repeating the procedure for 10 to 15 times and finally in a random attempt it plays. I don’t get it. Thanks for the help, I’m following all your comments…
===================================
MTUSUPPORT Have your tried to play these discs in any other Player? If not, is there anyway that you can do this. Also, what brand of Blank did you use to copy the Karaoke Cd onto? You should try either Mitsui or Sony, for best results.
Rodrigo: 2 brands of CDs Sony and Memorex (extracted from first post of this message)
Rodrigo: I've wasted about fifty Sony discs. I have never had any trouble with FUJI discs though.
Old December 5th, 2001, 11:09 AM

Thanks a lot for the help, I will be carefully following the instructions you suggest and posting the results as soon as possible.

I hope I become a client soon, which would mean I surpassed all my problems.
Old December 5th, 2001, 03:56 PM

I have news, I wrote to Vocopro and they answered this, I´ll keep doing the homework.

I can assure you that our machines can usually play burned CDs.Every once in a while we hear of someone having a problem with Cd's they've just burned. The problem is usually because the customer's CD burner is a inexpensive one in their computer. The reason this happens is because inexpensive burners do not burn the information deep enough into the disk. This makes it impossible for the player to read it.

Ronny North,
VocoPro karaoke
Old December 5th, 2001, 06:28 PM
Frequent Member

I have been using an Hp for the past 2 years and have been very happy with it. It seems to be that Rodrigo is burning only a portion of each song as Microstudio DEmo will only do that. And he said Demo in his post. that is the only thing I'd like to test out when I get Microstudio but since I already use CDRWIN to burn my cdg's I may only be using Microstudio to test my KHproducer files before I burn a copy of it.
Old December 7th, 2001, 06:21 PM

seems like admin's suggestion to try several questionable cd's in another player to be very logical. Process of elimination is sometimes a very simple method to isolate a problem. I'd want to know one way or another whether my player was the problem, otherwise one could search forever for solutions that do not exist. Bite the bullet.

Take care,

George

Last edited by George; December 9th, 2001 at 01:21 PM.
Old December 9th, 2001, 11:03 AM

Cool Re: Plextor burner for cdg

I guess I am new to this, but I haven't heard of Plextor. I have a yamaha 16X10X40 which I know copies cd+g discs. Now here's my question. What do I need to start recording my own cd+g. (bare minimums to start out with.) If you could answer, that would be great!
Thanks!
Ron
Old December 9th, 2001, 12:03 PM

Too create CDG songs, you will need

Karaoke Home Producer - Make songs from txt & wav files

Microstudio - Play CDG files and create CDG discs on your pc
Old December 11th, 2001, 06:45 PM

But do I need microstudio if i dont want to play cdgs on my pc? i have a cdg player I can test them on. And is there anything that will take vocals out of a song and leave background vocals and music in? How much is it?

Thanks!
Old December 11th, 2001, 07:09 PM
Frequent Member

if you are creating cdgs with khproducer you might need microstudio to check the file out before burning it as the play my song feature if you don't have 8 mb of memory dedicated to video , the lyrics will lag behind the audio. microstudio will keep you from wasting a lot of cd-r's.
Old December 12th, 2001, 09:32 AM

Also,if you'll take a look at the Microstudio products description, you'll find Microstudio to be quite a versitile cd utilities, not just someplace to play your discs. Aside from that, unless your player will play cdrw's, and you burn the first run to cdrw's like I do, before burning the final edition to cdr, using Microstudio to check your Karaoke Home Producer songs before burning them to a cdr will most certainly keep you out of the coaster business, and probably pay for Microstudio over the long haul in saved cd money, just as Danny said. At least that's my opinion.

Take care,

George
Old December 13th, 2001, 01:57 AM
Frequent Member

I was very happy when I tested the demo I tried the players made by Tyranosoft, Cavs, and Microstudio and Microstudio has won hands down because it is the only one to work on my system without having to burn the disc first and reimport it in or modify the file using Karaoke Builder's quick tools function which means I gotta merge the song's CDG file with the Audio that I saved with the cdg file to begin with just to get a bin file. Once that is done the file plays on Karaoke Builder's player but only appears on a small screen. Now I'm not complaining about the player since it came fully functional with the demo version of Karaoke builder and I like karaoke builder's merging facilities for songs that belong as one cdg track rather than 2 separate tracks. It also does a decent job of adding a title page to the song temporarily while we are waiting for Khproducer 3 to come out. But those are my reasons that I will be purchasing Microstudio in January. Won't have the money untill then with the Holiday Season and all.