MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 31st, 2005, 08:11 PM

Software issues with Hoster 3.006

I am running a CDG disk in the Plextor PX-716UF. In the import screen after imputing all the disk info, I click on Read CD tracks and nothing happens. I have tried several disks with the same results.
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:52 PM

Re: Software issues with Hoster 3.006

Are you trying to import into Hoster or Microstudio?

Your post is titled "Software Issues With Hoster 3006", but this is the Microstudio Help Forum..

Anyway, they're both almost the same.

In Microstudio after you've read the cd tracks, selected the tracks you want and filled in the data, you click on IMPORT SELECTED TRACKS, and with Hoster after doing all the same preliminary steps, you click on PROCESS SELECTED TRACKS.

George
Old April 1st, 2005, 02:14 PM

George, thank you for the reply. I am working with both programs. The microstudios will read the disk but will not auto read the song titles. I am trying to back up about 20,000 songs from CDG to hard drive and if I have to type in all the song titles, it's going to take forever. On the Hoster, while trying to import the tracks to the hard drive it will not read the tracks at all when I hit the read CD tracks button. There in is the problem. With the microstudios, after manualy imputing the song titles I was able to copy the tracks to the hard drive. Well except for the last track. So if this is somewhat clear, I need a fix for Hoster to read the tracks and microstudios to automatically pull the song titles from the CDG so I don't have to manualy imput the song names.
Thanks
Dave
Old April 1st, 2005, 02:32 PM

Dave,

Have you gone into HOSTER TOOLS, clicked on CD/DVD DRIVE DEFAULTS, and made sure your PX 716 is the default drive?

There shouldn't be any reason to import the cdg's into the hard drive with Microstudio once you get Hoster working. Hoster compresses the files and converts them to KMA format. Much easier and space saving to then back up those KMA files for safety sake.

The Hoster dabase will auto name the tracks for you, including artists, but care must be taken to check each disc against the database before hitting the import button, as some do not agree with the order they are on the disc. MTU has no control on how the manufacturers publish contents as compared to how they actually are on the disc, and it's an ongoing chore for them to make corrections.

Better to edit as you go along than to have to go back and do it.

Hope this helps,

George
Old April 1st, 2005, 04:02 PM

Do as George stated. Click the Tools Menu\CD/DVD Default Drives. Click the down arrow, select your Plextor drive (rather it is showing there or not select it again below the first line) then click Ok. Close Hoster to save this in the Registry. Then reopen and try again, it will now work.
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:06 PM

Thanks, the defult was not reading the Plextor so now that is fixed. The only issue now is the last track on the CDG is not recording. I have read on the forum that it's not unusual on Sound Choice CDG's which is what I'm having the problem with. So I will continue to read to see if someone has figured it out .
Well thanks again George and Brian
Dave
Old April 1st, 2005, 08:02 PM

Dave,

I remember reading on the forums, that on a SC Multisession protected disc, there's a extra track which contains the anti copy material, and that when the import procedure starts slowing down, to eject the cd, and the wanted tracks will all be there.

Dunno for sure as I don't have any, but it's worth a try.

You can search SOUND CHOICE and probably will raise a ton of posts on the subject.

Glad we could help.

George

Last edited by George; June 13th, 2005 at 09:09 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 05:05 AM
Frequent Member

go to search and type in multi-session you will find the fix for your problem there.Bob
Old May 29th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Hoster 3.2xx will have a completely new way of reading CDs (all kinds) that should allow importing all tracks on a multi-session disc.
Old June 13th, 2005, 09:00 AM

Drive not reading disk

Hi guys
Just read the posts on drives not reading the disks, I have had the same problem with a couple of my Chartbuster disks where my PX716UF drive would not read them. They were Chartbuster CB20158 and CB60044 when trying to import them the drive makes a beep and then nothing. On all my other disks the little shiny disk emblem comes up on the display and the drive whrrrrrs (I know not very technical terms ) but that's what it does, then It will read the tracks. I guess 2 out of about of 400 ain't bad but would really like to have all of them on my HD. I sent them to chartbuster and they sent me them back saying nothing was wrong with them. Not new disks mind you but my old disks and charged me $10.00 a piece for shipping and whatever ?, they still don't work not even in Microstudio 2600. As much as I like Chartbuster I am personally boycotting them unless they are in the bargain bins $1.99 / $2.99. Anyone have any Idea what the problem is? Any help will be appreciated.
John
Old August 26th, 2005, 03:01 PM

3.006, issues

I have a few problems with 3.006. First, wken I press the import tab, it will read " not responding". Sometimes after several attempts, it will open and I can download eithjer 5 discs per hour, or only 2 discs per 5 hours. Second, the " other peoples disc" function no loger works. It's either audio/ no graphics, or skips the disc all together. Third, when doing a show, when I first start, I have to add/start the defaulted song, then I can add and search, otherwise, it's " not responding". In import, sometimes it just quits import in the middle of a discs, hence, I have to open/reopen several times to get it to work, sometimes having to reboot to get it to work. It worked fine when I first got it. It is driving me nuts....HELP??!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwade7253
I am running a CDG disk in the Plextor PX-716UF. In the import screen after imputing all the disk info, I click on Read CD tracks and nothing happens. I have tried several disks with the same results.
Old August 26th, 2005, 03:12 PM

WDEWDAD7,
1st, this should be posted in Hoster Help, Not Microstudio Help. 2nd, I think there was aproblem with that version doing others disc imports. So if you upgrade to current version It'll probably fix it. I think it's a free upgrade but I'm not positive of that.

Hope this helps,
Wally
Old August 26th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Frequent Member

correct me if iam wrong but i didnt think hoster 3.006 supported that drive. anyway upgrade to 3.110 should solve your problem. Bob