MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 26th, 2004, 02:37 PM

Unable to Read

I've purchased Microstudio to cc my Karaoke CDG files. The Demo worked, except that I couldn't copy the lyrics with the media player I was using.

I've bought the full version, and can only import tracks as .wav files. I can't cc the cd+g - I get a message Unable to read audio sectors, Illegal command request.

Is there any way around this?

Thx

Elaine Litwin
Old July 26th, 2004, 03:04 PM

Re: Unable to Read

YOur burner may not support CD+G. Which burner do you have?

Jon
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:26 AM

Unhappy Re: Unable to Read

I have an HP burner which the software check tells me does support cd+g - I'm concerned the files are copy protected. I gan get some files as .wav files, some not at all.

Thx

Elaine Litwin
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:30 AM

Just to clarify a little more, I can't use the "duplicate disc" feature at all. I can use the "Import tracks" feature, but can only import tracks as .wav files, or not at all.

Thx

Elaine
Old July 27th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Frequent Member

does mirco-studio reconize your burner as able to read CD+G, What disc are you trying to copy. # please Bob
Old July 27th, 2004, 04:51 PM

Yes,

My burner does recognize cd+g - however I can't duplicate disc, and I can't import the files as cd+g files, I can only import as a wave file.

Thx

Elaine Litwin
Old July 27th, 2004, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine Litwin
Yes,

My burner does recognize cd+g - however I can't duplicate disc, and I can't import the files as cd+g files, I can only import as a wave file.

Thx

Elaine Litwin
Elaine,

Your post have me totally confused. Which HP model do you have? How can it support CD+G and yet you cannot duplicate nor can you import a CD+G file? Any burner will import WAV.

Did you try to run the demo version?

How are you so sure your HP supports CD+G using MicroStudio?

Regards,

Jon
Old July 28th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Administrator

What you should be able to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine Litwin
Yes,

Thx
Elaine Litwin
1. If Detect Drive shows your drive as CDG capable, you should be able to do all functions with Microstudio.

2. If your disc is severely scratched, or damaged in any way (such as the silkscreen flaking or peeling off), you will NOT be able to duplicate the disc due to irrecoverable errors.

3. If your disc is damaged, you SHOULD be able to use the Import Tracks screen and read in all the tracks individuallly... except any that are irrecoverably damaged, which will show ERROR instead of IMPORTED for the status. MAKE SURE you have the CDG button selected,not the WAV button.

How many discs have you tried?

Have you read the manual yet as to importing tracks?

We are all STILL waiting for you to tell us the drive model number. Run the DXDIAG program from instructions in this link and add it as an attachement here. That will tell us what drive you have, and also about your computer system so we can help you better.
Old July 28th, 2004, 04:07 PM

Elaine,
Your error is stated in this Post:http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=1106

The problem is that your drive is incorrectly saying that it will work, when it really will not work correctly for CD+G.

The only way to fix it is to replace the drive.
Old July 29th, 2004, 08:22 PM

Thanks for all the info - I've sent the dxdiag file to support. Even when I bring the tracks in as .wav files, and re-add the lyric track, I can't burn the end result!

When I try to burn, I get an "unknown file" error msg, and when I look back in my folder, I see a file created with the track name and the extension .dpf.

Is this a data protection file associated with the track that prevents it from being copied in any format?

Thx again

Elaine Litwin
Old July 30th, 2004, 08:06 AM

I've been able to determine that the drive I have is a TEAC drive - apparently a drive that gives a false positive.

Given all the trouble I've had (even when I cc the .wav file, replace the lyrics and try to save the file, not even burn it doesn't work) I'm hesitant to make the investment in a new burner at this time.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

(PS I'm ordinarily not this dense so this is getting pretty frustrating )

Elaine Litwin
Old July 30th, 2004, 09:30 AM

Elaine,

Here's what I would do if I were you:

First, you did purchased the best software for PC, CDG Karaoke with Microstudio. Now you will need the best cdg compatible drive to get excellent results.

Your HP might be able to work with cdg using a different method than what MTU uses but to be honnest, you will probably get some broken letters with this drive. MTU will be working on a different interface to hopefully be able to detect more drives & maybe yours will be officially detected and will work but??? Not certain yet!

I noticed that you're from Toronto and for you to buy from MTU you'll have the US exchange, custom & shipping problems. How about going to Costco & get a good Plextor DRD-RW which I believe are on special right now? Best Buy on Queensway also has the Plextor brand?

It should cost you about $200.00 +Tax for the best drive on the market and if in the future Microstudio detects your HP well than you'll have a spare drive or just sell it to a friend and suggest to him/her to buy Microstudio!!

Have Fun!
Mike
Old July 30th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Administrator

You need a CDG capable drive

We understand your problem. This is the ONLY reason we sell CDG Certified drives. We don't make enough money to outway the problems we have testing, ordering, returning bad drives, etc. However, we have some clients who had purchased as many as 6 (SIX!!!) CDR drives over a number of months that claimed to do CDG, but didn't. When they bought our drive they suceeded from then on with duplicating, making custom discs, playing, and writing the CDG songs they created with KHPro... etc.

Our Internal mount IDE 52x CDG certified drive is $109 US$. We do ship to Canada if you can't find one up there.

NOTE: I warn folks that if you buy a drive that has not been certified, ALWAYS put in writing (type it up before you go shopping and have them sign it) that you have the right to return the drive within x days (2-5 is reasonable) for a full refund if it will not work for CD+Graphics Karaoke disc duplication and custom writing. HAVE THE VENDOR SIGN AND DATE THEIR SIGNATURE!!! Then, you are covered if the drive you buy will not work.
Old July 30th, 2004, 02:11 PM

I fully agree with you Admin.

In fact, the reason I suggested Costco is that the return policy for returns & exchange is 30 days with out any questions ask! I've experience it in the past when buying a TDK CDR-RW thinking it would read cdg's but it didn't!!

Buying a Plextor from MTU is by far the best option for US customers but it turns out to be quite expensive for Canadians due to exchange, shipping & custom clearance, expect to pay at least $200.00 CDN. At that price you get the Plextor DVD-RW

Regards