MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old December 28th, 2002, 06:25 AM
Blocked from Forums

promises promises promises??

mtu keeps giving dates but cant stick to them still waiting for 2.400 when will the next three dates be given???
Old December 28th, 2002, 12:12 PM

Talking

Relax Betamax...Chill Down.

The world of software programming is a tricky one at best.

It isn't like writing where you (kan mmake misstakes an stilll understang most centenses )

In programming, a little character out of place and you have a bug.

Isn't it better to have a fairly clean code than one that's very buggy?

Let's give MTU a chance. They have a very stable suite of programs and waiting a little longer for a new update won't hurt us a bit.

Look at all the "services packs" that Microsoft keep releasing, not to mention all the "critical updates"...and they have thousands programmers.

Smile, keep enjoying the release you currently have and soon enough...

Bingo! There is release 2.400

Happy Holidays.

Jon
Old December 28th, 2002, 12:55 PM

Betamax, what are you looking for the new version to do for you, That 3.215 can't do??? Maybe you should see about getting on the beta testing list, beta testers had 2.4 last week to check for bugs, try to get it to mess up, and see what it does in different CPU's.

Jim
Old December 28th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Question Excuse me????

Why are you always in this negative attitude? Do you have some unstated agenda here? It makes me wonder... and that is not a good thing to remain in our Forums. I suggest you go back and read the agreeement you accepted to be allowed into our Forums, and then rethink how you interact here. Contstant insulting and complaining is not acceptable. Asking a valid question is. As ADMIN, I STRONGLY suggest you discern the difference quickly!

We are beta testing 2.400 right now. The main driving forces for us to release are the new ASPI driver that supports USB dirves (and firewire), and it supports the new Plextor 48x CDR drives. A small and random problem reported with the CDG player takes a secondary role to these two "technical upgrades". There are some Karaoke Hosts that run their shows with Microstudio. We don't recomment this, and they should think twice before upgrading to 2.400.

I will be talking to MTUSUPPORT tonight, and we currently expect to release 2.400 on Monday... unless some Beta Tester reports a critical bug in the next 2 days that we must fix. Because Microstudio enjoys a VERY large user base, we cannot afford to release it with a major problem. The support demands will swamp us. Thus, we are more critical on this product than others.
Old December 28th, 2002, 03:48 PM
Blocked from Forums

Quote:
Originally posted by jaddams
Relax Betamax...Chill Down.

The world of software programming is a tricky one at best.

It isn't like writing where you (kan mmake misstakes an stilll understang most centenses )

In programming, a little character out of place and you have a bug.

Isn't it better to have a fairly clean code than one that's very buggy?

Let's give MTU a chance. They have a very stable suite of programs and waiting a little longer for a new update won't hurt us a bit.

Look at all the "services packs" that Microsoft keep releasing, not to mention all the "critical updates"...and they have thousands programmers.

Smile, keep enjoying the release you currently have and soon enough...

Bingo! There is release 2.400

Happy Holidays.

Jon
What im saying is i dont mind the wait and yes i want a bug free one but dont give release dates when there is no upgrade to be had
Old December 28th, 2002, 11:05 PM

I've never seen a firm release date on the news section of MTU's website. I have seen EXPECTED release dates published.

Conversley, in the business world I have seen company inter-office memos stating that there WILL be a meeting in Los Angeles on( a firm date), make your hotel reservations at(hotel name)..Arrangements have been made with(travel agent) for you to receive a discount if you purchase your airline tickets by( early date). Then two weeks after you did all of the above meeting cancelled until further notice,and had to go through the whole nine yards all over again.

Now that's something to get peeved about, not a postponed release of a product upgrade that would not have disturbed anyone if MTU had not said it was in the mill, and has cost nobody nothing. Perhaps they should drop the news page and keep us all in the dark about what's going on. Would that be preferable? Think twice about the alternatives before ragging on them too hard.

I really have to admire MTU for letting it all hang out publicly on these forums, including their problems. Compare that to a UK based company who claims to be a competitor of MTU (joke, joke)
and is too chicken livered to do the same, but handles their support hush hush by private email so's the world won't have a clue as to how screwed up they are.

Stand proud MTU, you have every right to.

George
Old December 29th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Blocked from Forums

GEORGE Your points are noted i did not intend to offend mtu indeed i like mtu a lot and think they have the best produvt in the market as for the uk companys i try and stay away from them i get a far better service from the states and in most cases a quicker one aswell mtu should have said a release date somtime in december or january or feb etc not a exact date but i take your point i agree with you mtu do a great job. i appolgise for any upset that my remarks may have made im not a abusive person but if thats the way i come across then i put it down to differences in our culture thats all it is. no insult was intended.so lets make peace and let it go. keep up the good work lads
Old December 29th, 2002, 08:21 AM

BETAMAX-UK,

Consider this a handshake across the big pond

And I agree with you. Would much rather see them use an expected month rather than a date. Even a season would be better yet in my estimation, Spring 2003, etc. Would cause them a lot less grief over the long haul.

Take care,

George

I also hope no one over there misread what I said. I wasn't using a scatter gun on the UK in general, I was focused on a specific company in my comments. Have some dear friends in the UK.

Last edited by George; December 29th, 2002 at 09:00 AM.
Old December 29th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Blocked from Forums

Thanks george glad thats all cleared up now. normal service as resumed take care
Old December 29th, 2002, 06:40 PM

Hey Batamax did you see the note from Admin????

Quote:
Microstudio 2.400 is released!!! (December 29th, 2002 until January 29th, 2003)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have just released Microstudio 2.400. It has a new ASPI driver that it installs, which should solve all the problems we have had in the past with ASPI drivers.

It also supports the new Plextor 48x IDE and USB CDR drives that we sell.

It also has a new CDG Player code, that supports the older full screen display and a new windowed display mode. You can select which you want to use. It also supports a dual display card (ATI or equiv) so your control play list can be on one screen and the Karaoke singer's screen on a TV.

If you own Microstudio 2.314-2.316, click your download link and it will now deliver the new 2.400 code.

If your link reports there are no more downloads available, or you have 2.312 or earlier, please go to our store and purchase the Microstudio Upgrade at: http://www.mtu.com/store/merchant.mv...crostudio2315u
Old December 30th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Blocked from Forums

Jim i dont have a download link since i formatted my hard drive so the e-mail was lost
Old December 30th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Blocked from Forums

ok jim i forgot i backed up my e-mail on floppy i downloaded the 2.400 but i still get double lines do i have to uninstall the old version???
Old December 30th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Blocked from Forums

All sorted now works great i had to uninstall the old version then reinstall 2.400 and then it was ok now were in business
Closed Thread