MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 28th, 2002, 05:22 AM

Question Trouble reading source media

I have tried several drives which appear on the list of supported drives. The source media plays with no problems in my karaoke player. When the source media is put in any of the supported drives I have tried all the tracks read fine except for the very last track (usually 17 or 18) it gets a read error while trying to copy the track even though all of the previous tracks read in.
Old December 28th, 2002, 08:46 AM

Sounds possible you've got some copy protected media. They usually have their data in the last track. maybe not, but possible.

George
Old December 28th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Frequent Member

Re: Trouble reading source media

cdgnovice

YOU NEED TO BE SPECIFIC AND TELL US EXACTLY WHAT DISCS YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH FOR EXAMPLE:

SOUND CHOICE # 8703
Old December 28th, 2002, 12:51 PM

Yep sounds like cdgnovice is trying to backup Sound Choice discs with media cloq protection or Multi-session discs like top tunes, Give us the brand name and we can help, or tell you to dump them on e-bay

Jim

Last edited by jim in ohio; December 29th, 2002 at 10:13 AM.
Old December 29th, 2002, 04:36 PM

The brand is Top Tunes - Teen Pack 2002. The disc always stops copying from the source media in the same place on the last track on the CD. So far I have tried three different cd's out of the pack, and all the discs seem to have a problem with the last track. They are all multi session discs.
Old December 29th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Frequent Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cdgnovice
The brand is Top Tunes - Teen Pack 2002. The disc always stops copying from the source media in the same place on the last track on the CD. So far I have tried three different cd's out of the pack, and all the discs seem to have a problem with the last track. They are all multi session discs.
Looks like you have a copy protected disc. You can rip the tracks with CDRWin v3.9a or b and a Sony CRX140S (SCSI) by doing a TOC (Table of Contents) and extracting each of the tracks by their Sector Numbers. Once extracted you can then compile them back to a CD-R and now you have a Master CD+G with no Copy Protection and then make as many copies of that Master as you want. Some HP9300 IDE will also read the copy protectioned discs but 98% of the CD-RW's can't read the copy protected discs.
Old December 29th, 2002, 05:12 PM

Some have also reported having success with copy protected material by using the Microstudio Import feature(not disc copy), selecting all the tracks, and ejecting the disc as the last track was starting to import.Cannot swear by this method, as I have no copy protected discs, but several have reported it worked for them. Can't hurt to try it.

George
Old December 30th, 2002, 07:54 AM

cdgnovice:
The top tunes are not protected, they are only multi-session discs, use the custom assembly and skip the last track.

Example: you only have 15 songs but have 16 tracks, the last track is data only, and top tunes will play with out this track. Import the 15 tracks then click the write cd block and you should be in business.

Jim

Old December 30th, 2002, 10:25 AM

I must be doin' somethin' wrong

Hi Jim,
I'm attempting to copy a top tunes disc number TT-138 from my collection. I'm using the custom assembly. the disc says 20 tracks and sure enouhg there is a 21st track which I'm skipping.. anyways half way through the 20th track microstudio locks up.. Is there something I need to change in the custom assembly/import screen?
WallerMan
Old December 30th, 2002, 10:47 AM

Wallerman,
If you do a search in these forums for "Multisession", you will find plenty of information on this. What I can tell you is that when you are reading in the last track, before the hidden track, if you press the eject button, some clients are saying that this allows it to write the last file so you get all the songs, but not the last security track.

Give this is a shot when it hangs next time and see what happens.
Old December 30th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Blocked from Forums

George is right thats how i did it
Old December 31st, 2002, 11:22 AM

tried all the suggestions

I have tried the various suggestions on trying to import the last track. Nothing has worked so far. Ejecting the CD just gives an incomplete track. I know about the hidden track which I am not trying to copy. I have imported all of the tracks on the last disk except the final track and the hidden track. I get an error about half way through the final track no mater what I do, I have tried 6 different drives from Plextor to Yamaha and all produce the same result.
Old January 2nd, 2003, 02:50 PM

Just saw a new post that gives yet another method tor multi session disc backup you may wish to try, here's your link:

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1668

Jim