MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 5th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Frequent Member

Question Any Karaoke Software "Mac" Based?

I have a friend who uses nothing but a Mac, she asked me if any Karaoke Software is available for the "Mac".........

I don't know........Just asking if anyone else knows, .....what software?
Old December 5th, 2002, 11:52 AM

That question has been here before, no one was able to come up with a cd+g backup software for MAC's

Jim

FYI here is the link to the last post asking the same question:

http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...&threadid=1274
Old December 5th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Frequent Member

Thanks.......jim in ohio

Just what I thought, my search on the Internet was a Zero for Mac software and CDG.
Old December 5th, 2002, 12:41 PM

This one claims to have MIDI KARAOKE FOR MAC. It's "Karaoke Software". Closest so far. Assumed from your post you're not limiting to just CDG backup, or are you?

http://www.midikaraoke.com/home/Help...e/software.htm

George

Turns out they were both the same site.

Last edited by George; December 5th, 2002 at 05:36 PM.
Old December 5th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Frequent Member

Thanks........George

Just talked to her......she was looking for software for the Mac in the nature of MicroStudio or CDRwin capabilities.
Old December 5th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

Talking

See? There's proof right there that the karaoke world just can't trust all their valuable data to a machine named after a fruit.

Old December 5th, 2002, 05:54 PM

OK C. Staley, I'll bite, what fruit is that????

Jim

Big Mac, Mac & Cheese, FRUIT???
Old December 5th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Frequent Member

Its gotta be "Apple"
Old December 5th, 2002, 06:21 PM

You two are a pear
Old December 5th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

Wink

Well let's see.... hmmm
NOT Washington Delicious or Granny Smith.... must be a Macintosh (apple)

That is of course, unless they come up with an "upgrade" ... perhaps the "Banana 1000?"
Old December 5th, 2002, 06:48 PM

I guess I'm just not old enough to remember the Apple or the TRS-80 with the tape drive
Old December 5th, 2002, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Wonder of wonders...

Well gentlepersons, it just so happens that Microstudio WILL RUN on a MAC!!! You need to be running a PC emulator program that MTUSUPPORT knows and a customer has proven it to work.

Raleigh NC got hit with a 100 year ice storm and 79% of us were without power today. MTU's offices are still without power even now. We hope to have it back up tomorrow, but its not under our control. Thus, Bryan (MTUSUPPORT) may not be able to get back on line to post here. I hope so. Maybe someone else knows the PC emulator program I am referring to.....
Old December 6th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Frequent Member

Question

admin

Could it be

1. Soft Windows or
2. Virtual PC
3. Real PC
Old December 11th, 2002, 01:17 PM

Cool Mac Software

I notice that no one pays much attention to my mac post but the question still comes up. Please post to the original thread…
http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...&threadid=1274
for info and questions with Macs.
Below is my old original post. It's still working flawlessly and works in both Mac OS X and OS 9. With a mac I've been able to do everything cool that's mac, and all I've needed to do PC. The best thing on a mac though is that when XP crashes or gets that unbootable error, I can always return to a previous state and work again. All without having to restart my computer. Try that with a real PC. Anyway, here's my original mac post, with a couple of touch-ups.

"No company makes a Mac version of burning software to duplicate/backup CD+g discs. Discribe says it is looking into it for a future release but I wouldn't hold my breath. Roxio say's it WON'T add the capability because a bit by bit duplicate would bypass copy protection on certain CDs.

Every wintel user will tell you to buy a bare bones wintel box or something put together that's inexpensive.

As for me, no one gave me any advice. I just read the forums, got tired of reading forums, and did my own thing which I'll tell you about here…

My entertainment company is all Mac/Apple based. I have an old Apple/IIe for customer database that's still used, a PM7200/75MHz that I use to review my CD+g discs using an old program called "CD+G" (I don't think it's even available anymore; and was never updated after 1994), a PowerBook G3 Series 233, an iBook 500, and a Quicksilver PM 733MHz. I use both the G4 733 and the iBook for my CD+g backups. What I did was buy a copy of Virtual PC from Connectix, and a plextor external CD-RW drive. I installed VPC 5.0 and updated to most current version of VPC. Haven't updated WindowsXP Home at all with microsoft (if it ain't broke, don't fix). I also got the Microstudio from MTU.

I use Mac OS X and OS 9.2.2. I plugged the Plextor drive in and it worked and burned CDs right off the bat with CDBurner from Apple and Toast from Roxio. With XP on VPC though, I had to get an ASPI driver from nero's website I think.

Anyway, I had a lot of trouble getting the burner to be recognized. I first downloaded CDRWin from GoldenHawk. They were the only company I knew of for backups. Then I came across MTU from another site somewhere. But before MTU, I did a lot of installing with stuff from the web and from the OEM CD that came with the burner. After a while, CDRWin recognized the drive and when I called GoldenHawk, they could have cared less that it worked on mac.

Now we may make up a small percentage of users, but if you figure 5% market share mac? Then that's still a number to market to and make some more money. When I came across MTU and MicroStudio, they were glad to see a Mac user with their software and able to make it all work. So I decided I like these guys.

Anyway, I'm the only person I know of to make this work and I wish you luck doing the same. MTU staff is great and the one guy I'm dealing with now is real nice. They say Mac OS X with the Unix base is neat and who knows, I pray they make something native for us Mac users someday.

But I'm doing what I've waited three years to do and I hope you can pull it off too. If you do, I suggest burning and reading at 4X to ensure perfect performance with graphics. Slow read speeds are great for audio but with graphics it can pick up a lot of trash. High speed reading for graphics is more stable I've noticed. Clean your discs real good first before even reading them. What's great with MTU's software is that you can do a track at a time and then play it to see if it's clean or not and you can also put together a best of karaoke CD with songs most used.

MicroStudio is a great product and I hope other mac users with Virtual PC will use MTU's software too. And please pay for the full version. These guys are great, so support the company. Any questions? Post here and let me know."