MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old January 27th, 2006, 06:50 PM

Start DAO Failed

Hey out there is anyone else having this problem with the new Plextor 716-A, I have just purchased a new drive from MTU and then I ordered the suite pakage and when trying to use microstudios after the cdg is downloaded and a blank is installed I get the error Start DOA Failed, any solutions out there shure would hate to have to send this stuff back to MTU. Thanks Bill
Old January 30th, 2006, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired2up
Hey out there is anyone else having this problem with the new Plextor 716-A, I have just purchased a new drive from MTU and then I ordered the suite pakage and when trying to use microstudios after the cdg is downloaded and a blank is installed I get the error Start DOA Failed, any solutions out there shure would hate to have to send this stuff back to MTU. Thanks Bill
I'm guessing you're trying to duplicate a disk? What media are you using? DAO (Disk At Once) burning will sometimes fail if there's a problem reading the CD.
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:33 AM

Media questions

I have been uising a premium printable top cd aquired from a repuitable provider but I also tried other media from hyundai and I get the same problem every time, anything else I should know?? or try!!
Old January 31st, 2006, 06:31 PM

Question Me Again

I'm still trying to figure out the problem with Microstudios software, I've just purchased a new bundle of pro disc that the company says is very Plextor friendly, it even has the old green tint to it, but when I try to back up my CD+G disc the same error comes up Start DAO Recording Failed, about the only thing I haven't done was change the ASPI drives from MTU to a default ASPI drive. If anyone else has had this type of problem and concored it please advise me of the solution, I'm being patient and have left a message with Brian at MTU along with my e-mail address Beginning to get bummed out, but thanks Kayliegh I did try your suggestion and tried another type of media. Thanks everyone Billy!!
Old January 31st, 2006, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired2up
I'm still trying to figure out the problem with Microstudios software, I've just purchased a new bundle of pro disc that the company says is very Plextor friendly, it even has the old green tint to it, but when I try to back up my CD+G disc the same error comes up Start DAO Recording Failed, about the only thing I haven't done was change the ASPI drives from MTU to a default ASPI drive. If anyone else has had this type of problem and concored it please advise me of the solution, I'm being patient and have left a message with Brian at MTU along with my e-mail address Beginning to get bummed out, but thanks Kayliegh I did try your suggestion and tried another type of media. Thanks everyone Billy!!
Forgot to add the important stuff, I'm running on an Hp 17" laptop with a Intel 3.06 processor, 1 gig of memory and an ATI 9800 Video card and using your Plextor 716-A burner in a external case via USB, I think that should do it. Thanks Again Billy!!
Old January 31st, 2006, 08:10 PM

Have you tried Track At Once (TAO) burning? Try ripping the songs using the Import Tracks tab then the Custom Assembly tab to burn the tracks. If it still doesn't work, I'd guess it's your ASPI drivers. If it works, I'd check to see there's a firmware update for your CD burner.
Old February 1st, 2006, 06:43 PM

No Dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleigh
Have you tried Track At Once (TAO) burning? Try ripping the songs using the Import Tracks tab then the Custom Assembly tab to burn the tracks. If it still doesn't work, I'd guess it's your ASPI drivers. If it works, I'd check to see there's a firmware update for your CD burner.
THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVISE KAYLEIGH BUT IT STILL GIVES ME THE SAME ERROR, THINK I SHOULD TRASH THIS VERSION AND TRY TO RELOAD IT?? OR DO YOU THINK I CAN GET SOME HELP FROM BRIAN AT MTU?? AT ANY RATE I DON'T BELIEVE IT IS IN THE OPERATING SYSTEM I'VE BEEN BURNING FROM HERE LONG BEFORE INSTALLING THE NEW PLEXTOR, JUST NOT WITH MTU'S MICROSTUDIOS, IN THE PAST I'VE ALWAYS USED NERO 7.01 FOR ALL MY BACK UP'S BUT WAS NEVER ABLE TO CREATE A DISC USING MIXED SONG LIST THAT WAS MY MAIN REASON FOR BUYING MICROSTUDIO. THANKS AGAIN BILL
Old February 4th, 2006, 03:16 PM

Angry Still Waiting

It's been a week now and I'm still waiting to here from Brian about the purchase of a 716-A plextor dvd recorder that will not start disc at once while using 2.612 Microstudios program, I've taken the time to call MTU and there responce was post your problem in the forum and we will respond, this is not happening and my 277.00 investment is just sitting there, if it will not work I will gladley return your equipment for a full refund and try to use something else, possibly Golden Hawk has a correction for this problem and I no that Nero can back up thi disc so I'm not sure what the problem is with MTU, Please find the time to respond I'm sure your schedule is quite busy but I really need an answer. Thanks Billy
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:05 AM

Can you tell me what the Exact Error message is? Is this Disc Type not supported? If so this error is due to another program starting when your computer is booted up. Such as Nero, EZ CD Creator, CloneCD, CloneDVD, Alcohol or some other burning program. Disable these from starting when the system boots and it will fix the problem.
Old February 6th, 2006, 02:12 PM

This error is described at http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=3622 Number 5.
Old February 6th, 2006, 04:07 PM

Arrow Brian

After speaking with you I tried what you have explained but to no evail, still getting the same error message "error START DOA RECORDING FAILURE 3.0.0 DISC TYPE NOT SUPPORTED" I've even gone so far as to disable my D drive on the laptop, the only thing running is my epson printer, pretty puzzeling A. is your ASPI drivers downloaded in the program and if so how do I check for them, when I went to Plextor to check for ASPI drivers they claim it's in the software. Do I need to reload Microstudios if thats the case. Thanks for your time Bill
Old February 7th, 2006, 12:21 PM

Bill,
Try disabling the Epson Printer. Sometimes those can cause the problem also, if they have Scanner software using the ASPI drivers.

The ASPI is installed in the Software when you reinstall the Microstudio.

There is still something that is starting on your computer at boot, that is causing this. The only way to get around this is to turn this off.
Old February 7th, 2006, 07:41 PM

Talking Brian Reply

Hey Brian, I'm in the middle of boxing this Plextor 716-A and shipping it back to you, while trying everything we had talked about deleting programs and going thru the registry and removing anything to do with burning and still no luck. so I reinstalled Nero 7 and replaced the Plextor with a Pioneer 110-A and walla I was able once again to burn using Nero 7 but your software does not support Pioneer, so I rumaged around the shop and found a December 1999 Sony CRW burner been setting here for a couple of years loaded it in the external and guess what, yep you guessed it works like a dream!!!! So I;m going to send this Piece Of JUNK Plextor back to you guys and you can RMA it thru Plextor, see if they can send you one that works. I'll ship it back on Thursday if I don't hear from you. Thanks for all your patients and advise turns out it wasn't a MTU problem after all, sincerly Billy
Old February 10th, 2006, 10:43 AM

Bad Plextor

Hello Brian, as I said in my previous thread we found out it was a bad plextor so I purchased a 52x10x52 Plextor and shes running just fine, after reinstalling all the software I deleted just to find none of it was interfearing with your software, just waiting for an "RMA" so I can return this unit to you guys and credit my credit card, thanks for all the fine help Billy-registered MTU user
Closed Thread