MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 4th, 2005, 02:34 PM

712a cannot burn CD+G

I cannot get my MTU Certified px-712a usb drive to burn a CD+G. Aspi error
(04h 00h 00h) I tried the solution 1 and 2 and 3 and nothing works. Just keep getting aspi error. I have done the spyshecker .I have enough bad cd burns to decorate my walls . I have reinstalled winxp, I have reinstalled easycd/dvd creator 6. I have reinstalled microstudio. I have disabled all other cd recording software at startup and still cannot burn a cd+G or a cd for that matter. My drive is recogonized as I can insert a dvd movie or music cd and they will work. I have read the forums and don't know what else to do .
My system information is as follows. Please somebody help me.

T2085 emachine WinXP
2000 + 80GB Hard Drive 512 MB DDR
AMD Athlon xp Ultra DMA
Processor
3D S3 Graphics ProSavage 8

Drive Properties
"D"
Vendor: Sumsung
Prod ID: DVD-ROM SD-616T
Frimware Revision: F300
Address 3:0:0

"E"
Vendor: HL-DT-st
Product ID: CD_RW GCE 8400B
Firmware Revision: 1.02
Address3:1:0
Write speed 40x(6000kb/sec)
Cache Buffer 2048 KL

"F"
Plextor DVDR PX-712a External USB 2.0
Vendor: Plextor
Firm:1.05
Address:7:00

Main Chipset
VIA VT8375 (North Bridge)
Processor/Host bus support
Integrated DRAM controller
Integrated graphics AC '97 controller
3D Graphics visual enhancements
2D graphics
Arithmetic stretch blitter video
Power Management Functions

Via Vt8235 (South Bridge)
Support for PCI Interface
Integrated IDE controller
USB 2.0 and DMA controller
Power Management logic
Real-time clock
Supports AC '97 audio devices

I/O Controller
ITE IT8705FSuper I/O Controller
Floppy drive interface
One multimode parrallel port
FIFo serial port
Keyboard and mouse controller
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:44 AM

Re: 712a cannot burn CD+G

What is the error that you are getting exactly? Have you tried connecting the drive into a different USB port? Have you tried updating the Chipset drivers for your motherboard? If not, then try these two items, it should fix it.
Old January 5th, 2005, 01:55 PM

I am getting error write command failed on device 2:0:0
umexpected aspi error (04h 00h 00h)
I have tried different usb port same error
I have updated my chipset drivers for the motherboard same error
Old January 5th, 2005, 02:15 PM

See if there are any updated Drivers for the USB port on this motherboard. This problem is actually caused by the USB drivers, corrupting the data, which then gives you this error under Microstudio. Try burning under another CD burning program to see if it will burn or not.
Old January 5th, 2005, 05:55 PM

Smile Re: 712a cannot burn CD+G

you have to download a different aspi driver. go to nero.com and download the file to your system 32 folder. nero is the only aspi file that will work with external usb devices. I know because I had the same problem.this is how you download it. you need to save it don't try to run or open it. all you need to do is get a copy of this file on your computer into the system32 folder on your computer. do not try to run the file. to get to your system32 folder you need to go to your "my computer" then go to your "local drive c" then to the "windows" folder then you go to the "system32" folder and copy the file right in there. it may ask if you want to over write a file already there. select yes. you also have to be using windows nt, 2000, or xp. after you have done the above, open microstudio and click on drives select aspi drivers then select "use the default driver" you have to close then reopen microstudio to take effect. nero's website is "ftp://ftp6.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll" then download the file. I hope this works for you, it did for me because i also have an external usb plextor. you might also want to invest in golden hawk technology's cdrwin version 3.9c. you can extract individual tracks from a cd+g karaoke or audio cd, instead of the whole cd, and copy them to an image file in your hard drive. and it works with khp. it's great. i hope i have been some help to you.
Old January 5th, 2005, 06:00 PM

Some computers just have this problem. Our ASPI Driver will actually work without any problems with any USB or Firewire device, just so you know.
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:34 PM

Hi
I tried the nero fix suggested and no luck. I also have cdrwin and no luck there either. Thanks for the help anyway.
I tried to burn a cd with my plextor712a with easy cd creator as suggested and here are the errors that i get

E800419727-Track writer error ASPI failure )T7121)
E80041934 track writer error Flash failed T7127
Error 80041925 track writer error command retry failed (T7118)
Error 80004005 ubspecified error

i have no problem burning with the cd-writer installed in my PC.
I am about to restore the pc to its original state and start from scratch if I don't get the plextor working. Waiting for more help
Thanks guys
Old January 6th, 2005, 10:35 AM

Please give Plextor a call at 800-886-3935. I think that the drive may have a Problem, and they will beable to diagnose this. Please let me know what you find. If the drive is bad, it will have to go through Plextor for an RMA, since it is over 30 days from MTU.
Old January 6th, 2005, 03:12 PM

Hi Bryan
I have called Plextor and they have told me that the Plextor 712a is an internal burner and that MTU has had a casing put on it and made it an external burner. They are working with me to see if we can get it to burn anything at all.
They have told me to uninstall all burning software including cdrwin and microstudio easycd creator6 from my PC and all aspi drivers and I have.

This is what I am to do in this order
1. I am told to download the adaptec aspi drivers and install first
2. Then reinstall the plextools and update that and I have
3. Then am to try and burn a cd using plextool and I did.
The results are write error at 99:58:00
unexpected eror code 000000.
I have to shut off plexor burner to eject disc
I am on the phone on hold waiting to see what they would like me to try next.
My usb2 drivers are also up to date
Old January 7th, 2005, 10:52 AM

[quote=silverfox1949]Hi Bryan
I have called Plextor and they have told me that the Plextor 712a is an internal burner and that MTU has had a casing put on it and made it an external burner. They are working with me to see if we can get it to burn anything at all.
They have told me to uninstall all burning software including cdrwin and microstudio easycd creator6 from my PC and all aspi drivers and I have.

This is what I am to do in this order
1. I am told to download the adaptec aspi drivers and install first
2. Then reinstall the plextools and update that and I have
3. Then am to try and burn a cd using plextool and I did.
The results are write error at 99:58:00
unexpected eror code 000000.
I have to shut off plexor burner to eject disc
I am on the phone on hold waiting to see what they would like me to try next.
My usb2 drivers are also up to date.
Friday January 7
I have done all of the above and finally I have burned an audio cd and also erased a CD/RW with the plextor 712a external drive.
so that tells me that the drive works.
then I got disconnected from Plextor.
Today I installed Microstudio again and tried burning a CD+G using microstudio aspi and got aspi error "write command failed on device 2:0:0 Unexpected Aspi error (04 00h 00h) so I am back to square 1.
I also tried using the default aspi same error.
I installed cdrwin again and same aspi error . I am not having any luck here at all getting a CD+G copied.Any more help would be appreciated. I haven't called plextor back again because I did manage to burn an audio cd using the plextool professional v2.18
Old January 7th, 2005, 02:47 PM

What does this case look like? Is it a clear plastic, silver case that is rounded in the front or is a square case? On the bottom of the case does it state Plextor?

I thought you got this drive after we had quit shipping the drives this way, but I am not sure when they quit putting the drives in another external case.

Have you tried plugging this drive into a different USB Port to see if it will then work?
Old January 7th, 2005, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT
What does this case look like? Is it a clear plastic, silver case that is rounded in the front or is a square case? On the bottom of the case does it state Plextor?

I thought you got this drive after we had quit shipping the drives this way, but I am not sure when they quit putting the drives in another external case.

Have you tried plugging this drive into a different USB Port to see if it will then work?
Hi Byran,

Yes I have tried plugging it in to another usb port and still does not make a difference. The case is silver and on the top it says BYTECC. It looks a more square than round to me. The order Number should tell you what unit you sent me wouldn't it? The front is white with plextor and px-712a also RW DVD COMPACT DISC REWRITABLE.
My Husband ordered this drive from MTU for me as a Christmas Gift on Nov13/04 Order No. 18788 and I purchased Microstudio Order no:18998 on Nov 24/04.

Last edited by silverfox1949; January 7th, 2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old January 12th, 2005, 06:55 AM

Last note from Plextor company
A Dear sir,

The USB housing is not a Plextor housing so we cannot gurantee anything. The unit PX712A can burn CDG disc if correct software is used who support these functions.

We advice you to inform with the company who sold you this.

Best regards
Koen De Backer
Support Engineer

additional informaton I have downloaded an upgrade bios for my computer and will be back for more help after this is installed. Also restoring PC to original state so I can start from scatch again. I will be back
Carol Doiron