MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 22nd, 2004, 08:55 PM

Error Message received on re-install

I am trying to re-install Microstudio 2.506. I keep receiving the message:

Error - Your serial number does not match your registration information. Please reinstall MicroStudio and try again.

I have tried this atleast four times and continue to receive the same message.

Please advise as to the problem.

Thanks,
Cp
Old February 23rd, 2004, 07:39 AM

you have to install on the computer with the ethernet adapter in it that you had origonaly installed on. also the drivers for that ethernet card must be installed.

ADMIN NOTE: This is not right. See my post below.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Here's what to do...

First, click your download link again to get the current 2.517 version, or wait a few more days to get the new 2.518 we will start testing today. There are many bugs fixed and features added between 2.506 and 2.517. You don't want to reinstall 2.506.

Second, I don't know why, but your registration code had been disabled. I find no reason for this in our records, so I have enabled it. You should now be able to install 2.517 or 2.518 on either of of your 2 computers.

Sorry gduns, you confused Microstudio with KHP. Microstudio does not use the MACID of a network card.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 03:58 PM

REPLY TO ADMIN

Unless I read wrong. You stated that KHP uses the MAC ID of the ethernet adapter, not Microstudio. I encountered the same problem. I don't have khp. I only have Microstudio 2.506. it gave me the same message when I tried to re-install Microstudio onto my new computer. also I haven't received any new emails with the download link for 2.517 or better?

doug@moonlightentertainment.com

doug
Old March 3rd, 2004, 04:10 PM

Ok, I waited a week and used the link from my previous email to download 2.517. I installed it and received the same message again. I uninstalled and installed fresh and again received the same message....help!
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Are you now installed?

Quote:
Originally posted by Obmulap
Ok, I waited a week and used the link from my previous email to download 2.517. I installed it and received the same message again. I uninstalled and installed fresh and again received the same message....help!
In viewing your registration records, it appears on March 1 you did successfully install Microstudio 2.517 on your 1.7GHz processor. Is this correct, or are you still not working?
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Click your download link to get 2.517

Quote:
Originally posted by douglasd3
I only have Microstudio 2.506. it gave me the same message when I tried to re-install it onto my new computer. also I haven't received any new emails with the download link for 2.517 or better?

doug
Just click your 2.506 download link again and it will now deliver 2.517.

Both of you... we are working on 2.518 which we hope to have released early next week. It too will be a free upgrade.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 10:10 PM

Up and Running

I just tried to reinstall again, this time the program is working.

Thanks for all the help.
Old March 4th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Administrator

How to confuse MTU

For everyone reading this Thread

If you use one email to buy with, and then register in this Forum with another, don't expect immediate help! PERIOD!

When you force us to manually crawl through our customer database looking for your Forum username, or all or parts of your email only to find there is no match, do you understand that we can't help you?

The same goes if you email us with a different email address than you purchased with. In the Information Age (which we ARE now in), your ADDRESS is your email. That, is how we find you in our database.

As to phone calls, we DO NOT return support calls. If you can't get through, don't leave a message to call you back. Call again. If you can't get to us by phone, we are sorry, that is why we have this Forum. But DON'T use a hidden email address!!! If you change your email address, contact us with the old and new. Also... change it in this Forum yourself to save us the time.

Look at it from our side:
1. We offer FREE technical support. How many other companies do you know provide free support, including a phone number for a $39.95 product?

2. We have folks who obtain a "free" copy of MTU software from a friend. They try to get support or a free upgrade just like you do. If you couldn't find somine in the customer database of honored clients who bought our product, guess what your assumption... just like ours... would be?

By hiding from us, you look like a thief with a free copy of our product. Doesn't that make sense? So, if you want fast support, don't use a different email address and waste our time discovering who you are!

What we are now doing

To support our paying users better to get help faster, we are doing a MASSIVE UPGRADE to our web site. Later this year when you visit our site and fill out any form or order, IF you approve it, we will store a Cookie on your computer. Then, when you visit again we will automatically identify you, allow you to come right into the Forums, place an order, or see messages that there is a free upgrade to your product(s) you can download by clicking a link, or an upgrade to order by clicking a link. We expect to even display the most recent FAQs that relate to the products you own, so you don't even have to go the the FAQ Center to search for them.

We have been in business for 35 years. We got here by providing superior support. But, we have to know who you are to support you.

Glad everyone is now up and running! Keep these warnings in mind next time you need help. Before you exit the Forum, click the cp button at the top right and change your email right now to what you use to buy at our store with. If not, you will have the same delays in the future. Have a great day!!!
Old March 4th, 2004, 09:40 AM

Angry

I am still not up and running. When my computer crashed I lost all emails. I don't have my original email with the download link. Can I wait until the next upgrade? or WIll that only be available through my original download link?
As far as being able to load 2.506, I can't because of the macid issue. Now I understand why they haven't been calling me back. When I signed up for this forum, I was at work. I can't use my email that I bought the product with here at work. If it helps. I bought the product under the email [snip] and register my copy again. That would be nice
Thank you,
Doug Dassow
Old March 4th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Administrator

I have sent instructions to get the upgrade

Douglasd3, thank you for identifying yourself. As requested, please modify your Forum email to be the same as your registered email you buy with. Click the user cp button at the top of this screen and click the Edit Profile button.

You will still be able to see the Forums from work, but your registered email will now allow us to locate you in the future.

I have emailed you instructions to replace your lost download email.

Please... print a copy and file it in an MTU SOFTWARE folder so you won't have this problem or frustration in the future.
Old March 4th, 2004, 06:02 PM

ADMIN POSTED:

Quote:
IF you approve it, we will store a Cookie on your computer. Then, when you visit again we will automatically identify you, allow you to come right into the Forums, place an order, or see messages that there is a free upgrade to your product(s)
Just curious as to what effect this will have on those of us who
regularly delete all temporary internet files.

George
Old March 5th, 2004, 10:36 AM

George,
It would be as it is for you now. I am sure that when you come to our website now, you have to re-login to the Forums every time after you have deleted your Temporary Internet files.

The cookies are located in this, if you delete them you will just have to type in your Username and Password to get back in.
Old March 5th, 2004, 10:49 AM

Thanks Bryan,

I was hoping as much, just wasn't sure if all the other things(purchases, etc) would activate on signing back in as well as forum access.

Take care,

George