MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 10th, 2014, 07:19 PM

Question Wrong Track Titles

I've been using the karaoke suite for several years now, and this is the first time I've seen this happen.

I had to set up a new computer (OS is Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit) after my old one began having fits. So on the first disc I burned with the new computer, the tracks read from the disc by Microstudio (v4.30) after burning all displayed titles and artist I've never seen before. The tracks on the disc were, in actuality when played back, the correct tracks I wanted, but where the titles came from as shown by Microstudio, I haven't the faintest idea.

Altogether, I burned three tracks to this disc. One was a "demo" track (using the original vocals), one was a commercial karaoke track, same title and artist, to which I added the lyrics graphics, and the third was a different artist, converted to karaoke by vocal removal with Vogone. This third track I had actually created on a different computer and just copied onto my new PC for burning to disc. (The other computer was a laptop I was using as an intermediate in the absence of a usable desktop computer.)

Curiously enough, Microstudio displays the same artist for all three tracks read from the disc. For the two tracks having the same title in actuality, one being the demo track, Microstudio also displays the same incorrect title, indicating the commercial karaoke track as "(Instrumental)". Microstudio shows a different title for the third track, which is a different title in actuality as well.

The original music tracks were all downloaded from Amazon Digital Music Downloads.
Old November 10th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Wrong Track Titles

If you go to Tools there is an option for "Enable Database Lookup" If this is ticked It searches an online database for your disc and enters all the artist and data for you, this only works properly with commercial bought discs. If you have custom disc you created yourself it may return incorrect titles. if you untick the "Enable Database Lookup" it will just enter a track #.
I don't think it has anyway of recognising the actual titles or artist from a custom disc, you have to enter that info yourself before importing.
Hope this helps.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 11th, 2014, 03:39 AM

Thumbs up Re: Wrong Track Titles

Thanks for the help, Roy. I thought I had opted not to use that feature during the installation process. But, sure enough, it was checked when I opened the Tools menu to see.