MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 8th, 2012, 12:34 AM

Question Can't move .bin file(s) to Microstudio

I suppose that a thorough understanding of the manual might clear up my foggy understanding but I'd like to first pose two questions:

1. Why doesn't Microstudio allow to import tracks from files (tracks) already contained in the computer? It seems to default to importing from the CD drive only.

And,

2. Why is it so difficult to move a .bin file from a folder to Microstudio?

I have .bin files which I created using KHPro and exported as .bin to various folders. They are useless if I cannot move them to Microstudio.
Old August 8th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Can't move .bin file(s) to Microstudio

You can import tracks from files (tracks) already contained in the computer including .Bin files in Microstudio 4.24 so my first question to you is which version are you using ?

As I tried this in my version 4.24 I can only explain the steps using that version.

First off you must use the brows button to navigate to the folder containing the file your trying to import. Next if looking for a karaoke type file including your .bin file select the files button under the karaoke types (the first button below the brows button) Now if you don't see the file your looking for press the "Refresh button" this may be why your not seeing the file your looking for.
In your statement you say it defaults to importing from CD drive only, are you saying you can't select the files button ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old August 8th, 2012, 11:05 AM

Red face Re: Can't move .bin file(s) to Microstudio

Hi again, Roy. The version I'm using is: 4.24'. (Don't know why there's an apostrophe at the end of that number, but there is.)

What I meant was, when I click on Import Tracks, the program only wants to import tracks from a disc. (Not files already in the computer.)

Roy, I'm going to have to become more accurate and judicious about where I store my files. At present, I have to go through a long process of doing a search, typing in *.bin to find where they are located. Some don't even show up when I do that.

Please excuse my disorganization. I will follow the steps you outlined.

Thanks,

sea otter
Old August 8th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Don't take any notice of the apostrophe, that is the latest version.
If they are on the hard drive they are already imported so no need to do it again. The import process is just to get files from disc to computer, when the files are on a standard CD+G or even just a CD disc they are in .cda format which has to be converted to another format to play from a hard drive.

You would do best to create a folder specifically to save your khpro projects and final creations in, then you could just brows to that one folder and find everything, when you save a project use the Save As command and select the folder from there, don't just press save or it could save it anywhere. same when exporting final file select the folder to save to in the dialog that appears.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; August 8th, 2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:00 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
You can import tracks from files (tracks) already contained in the computer including .Bin files in Microstudio 4.24 so my first question to you is which version are you using ?

As I tried this in my version 4.24 I can only explain the steps using that version.

First off you must use the brows button to navigate to the folder containing the file your trying to import. Next if looking for a karaoke type file including your .bin file select the files button under the karaoke types (the first button below the brows button) Now if you don't see the file your looking for press the "Refresh button" this may be why your not seeing the file your looking for.
In your statement you say it defaults to importing from CD drive only, are you saying you can't select the files button ?
Roy,

I know this is an older post from you but I was playing around with 4.24' this morning and ran into a problem. Until this morning all my work in Microstudio involved KMA files. Originally, all my songs were imported to Hoster using cdg disks. In Microstudion I would access the kma files from the MTU/KMA folder that was established through Hoster. For some time now I have been downloading karaoke songs from various manufactures as mp3+g. When I import them into Hoster I do so by using the KMH method.
Here is my problem. I can't get Microstudio to recognise any file accept the kma files. If I use the browse button to select a folder with the mp3+g and kmh files and then hit refresh I get a pop up that states: can't find any mp3+g, cdg or bin files. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Surely I don't have to convert all of my files to KMA to use in Microstudio do I? I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Walt

Whoops, I think I found my problem since posting above. I have a folder that I named 'Master Karaoke", with sub-folders that are named by manufacturer, i.e. "Karaoke Versions", "Sunfly", etc. I have to select the sub-folder in order to load any particular song files. I cannot just select the the file "Master Karaoke". In Hoster we are able to select the master folder and check the box to include sub-folders when importing files. Apparently there is presently no way to do this in Microstudio.....bummer!

Walt

Last edited by WaltR; September 12th, 2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Roy,

Whoops, I think I found my problem since posting above. I have a folder that I named 'Master Karaoke", with sub-folders that are named by manufacturer, i.e. "Karaoke Versions", "Sunfly", etc. I have to select the sub-folder in order to load any particular song files. I cannot just select the the file "Master Karaoke". In Hoster we are able to select the master folder and check the box to include sub-folders when importing files. Apparently there is presently no way to do this in Microstudio.....bummer!

Walt
Yes that is a bit of a bummer, a subfolders button might be a good idea.
Perhaps you should suggest something about in in new features requests
Old September 12th, 2012, 03:40 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Yes that is a bit of a bummer, a subfolders button might be a good idea.
Perhaps you should suggest something about in in new features requests
Thanks Roy. I will suggest the sub-folder idea. I mentioned many moons ago that I thought the MTU programs should interface much better than they do. For example, Hoster in my opinion is the meat of MTU. We should be able to obtain songs by book id while in Microstudion and the other programs. Anyway, thanks and I will place this in the wish list.

Walt