MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 29th, 2001, 12:05 PM

Unhappy Printing anomaly

Have latest version of MicroStudio, Win 2000 Pro; 768mb RAM; Intel MB & PIII. When starting to run MS, a strange anomaly occurs: First double click of icon does nothing; second double click starts the program, but disables ALL other functions on the desktop. I.E., unable to print, check email, etc. while running MS. In order to print, I must close the program & force a re-boot...push the reset button...since the normal shut-down proceedures won't work. After this is done, anything that was in the print buffer or spooled is lost. This includes any incoming FAXes that might have been received during the session.

Help....
Old December 29th, 2001, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Question This is definitely not Microstudio behavior

This has never been reported before. Thus, I would suspect that your Windows installation was damaged before installing Microstudio.

I suggest you install your Windows again. It should allow you to select a Repair installation.

Is your Win2000 a new, clean install, or was it an upgrade on top of Win98 or ME?
Old December 29th, 2001, 04:07 PM

The original installation was a clean 2000 install. I have already reinstalled Win2000, uninstalled MicroStudio, reinstalled and still get the same anomaly. Short of reformatting the HD, I know of nothing else to do.
Old February 8th, 2002, 12:08 PM

Angry PROGRAM WILL NOT RUN UNDER 2000 PROF

I have just acquired a new machine with the following specs:

PIII-850, Intel motherboard, 768MB RAM, 100gb hard drive and ATI video card, Yamaha CD-RW & HP CD-RW. All function well and there are no conflicts anywhere.

I installed the MicroStudio SW and no matter how I try to start the program, all I get is the hourglass for about 5 seconds, then back to the icon. I mentioned in an earlier comment that after starting the Microstudio on my other machine, I am unable to print. This holds true now for both machines, the first, however, will run the software, but nothing else. I am perplexed, annoyed and hampered with my backup proceedings.

Please advise what I can do to get the software to run as advertised.

(850) 456-3550
calvert.ent@home.com, changing soon to calvert.ent@cox.net