MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 26th, 2000, 06:53 PM

To the admin staff:

For some reason, my Microstudio stopped working today. Is there some kind of limited use provision?? I'm running version 2.013 now.

I understood that the earlier version had a 120 limit on it.
Thanks,
Cid
Old December 27th, 2000, 07:17 AM
Administrator

There is no time limit on 2.013.

The reason for 2.013 was to fix several bugs we were aware of in 2.001 (why we embedded the drop dead to give us 120 days to fix them), and to remove the 120 day drop-dead coding. That code was removed. Given the number of other users fully functional with 2.013, I would first suspect something changed on your computer.

1. The usual culprit is your ASPI driver has been changed, and does not recognize your IDE CD-Recorder. Address what you or someone else with access to your computer might have installed recently. If it uses a CDROM or CDR drive, or a Scanner, or any thing to with a SCSI controller card, this is your problem.

2. Make sure your CD-Recorder has not failed.

3. Inspect and make sure you don't have a virus on your computer that could be damaging anything conceivable. We suggest you have the McAfee Virus checker and keep it updated. I believe its $29 a year, which is well worth it in the savings it will give you compared to getting a virus. Click here to visit their site. The latest one we are aware of is the "fun love" virus. It can infect your system if you allow an active-x plug-in from a web site that "requires" you to have it and automatically attempts to download it to your computer. If you approve, the download, you are infected. This virus attaches itself to every .exe file on your computer and will infect all .exe programs sent out from your computer by any means.
Old December 28th, 2000, 04:23 PM

Sorry

To the admin staff at MTU,
I must apologize for the post about my Microstudio failure. It would appear that my CDR drive has failed and the program understood and responded appropriately. After much frustration and a complete reformat of my hard drive, all is well again. ALL of my MTU products are working again.

Thanks,
Cid
Old December 29th, 2000, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Thanks for letting us know Cid. I added another "diagnostic" point to look for in my post - Failed CDR drive. Aren't computers fun to diagnose? I applaud your skills!