MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old May 30th, 2003, 03:26 PM

Import Tracks and other points

You say that the disc stops period. Not just the graphics but the music also. (I assume disc stops and no ERR message displays)

Have you tried playing the discs on any plain old regular CD players? Do they play music all the way through??

Have you burned and played successful audio cds with this burner?

I suggest that you start importing tracks

1. You can test the files before you burn them onto cd
2. Some of the problems that occur during disc copy don't occur when you are creating a custom assembly of imported tracks.
Old May 30th, 2003, 04:17 PM

Jahern,

Yes, I have burned and played regular audio cd's----never had a problem with them.

I haven't tried playing the cdg's on a regular player to see if the music continues on. I will try that tonight and get back to you with the results.

Thanks Again
Old July 12th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Different reading & writing methods

FEDUPBLONDE... From what you are reporting, your discs are not being written correctly. We have not had your problem reported before that I remember. Our friends have given you some very excellent suggestions already. Here are a few new things to try:[list=1][*] The Import Tracks Tab (reading), and Custom Assembly Tab (writing) use different reading and writing methods than the Duplicate Disc Tab. I would try these two Tabs instead of Duplicate. It takes a bit longer, but gives the best possible disc. We have many clients who report this way generates a BETTER disc than their original.
[*] Get a laser cleaning disc and run it in your CDR drive. If you have any dust, dirt, fingerprints, etc. on the laser lens it will reduce the reading and writing power.
[*] Try reading and writing only using your 24x plex to make a disc (using Import/Custom Assembly Tabs). Then make a second disc using only your 48x plex doing the same thing. Clearly mark each so you know which is which. Try these in the players where you have problems and see if they both work. You may have one drive with a bad laser.
[*] Make sure your AC Power is stable and 115-120 Volts (AC). This is a long shot, but we have a client right now that has "Co-op" power that is in brown-out most of the time. Lower input power could lower the laser writing power and thus write a faulty disc.[/list=1]