MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 2 Help

Keyrite 2 Help Post Keyrite 2 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old January 8th, 2007, 09:12 PM

Keyrite Upgrade Installation

I had Keyrite 1.400 installed and had been using it since this past summer. Then I decided to check for an upgrade, through the Help menu. (I had already checked on and successfully downloaded and installed upgrades for Microstudio and Karaoke Home Producer.) There was an upgrade available, so I downloaded it and ran the installation. The installation wizard indicated it installed successfully. But when I tried starting the program, I got the popup error message, "Your serial number does not match your registration information. Please reinstall Keyrite and try again." So I did. Same results. Then I went to the MTU Support Center and attempted to log in. It gives me the screen saying, "Invalid login info." So here I am, trying the back door.
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:55 AM

Question

Did you ever get your problem solved?

Shuttle X ComputersWindows XP Pro. SP3 AMD 1.8 gig Processor1 gig Memory
Video NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 32 meg

Dell Laptop 1525
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1
4 Gig Mem. Vista Basic
Old January 13th, 2007, 04:09 PM

Haven't heard a thing from anybody on resolving either issue, Larry.
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:29 PM

The reason that you got this error is probably due to the upgrade being version 2.011, and your regcode only working up to version 1.40x.

To install this new version, you will actually need to purchase the ugprade to version 2.0x.

This will then fix your problem.
Old January 15th, 2007, 08:12 PM

Yes, that does work better. Thanks.

(As far as not being able to log-in to the support center , I discovered through the e-mail response to retrieve my password--which I had correct all along--that my username is my e-mail address minus the "@" and the "dot." That caught me by surprise because I have all my usernames and passwords written down for all the sites I'm signed up with.)
Old August 29th, 2013, 09:29 PM

Keyrite Update Problem

Today I checked on available updates for Microstudio, Vogone, KHPro, and Keyrite, and found one available for Keyrite (update to 2.23 from present 2.22). I downloaded the update file (keyrite223.01setup.exe) and supposedly ran it, but no change took place. My installed version is still 2.22.

I'm running Windows 7.
Old August 30th, 2013, 10:18 AM

Re: Keyrite Upgrade Installation Problem

The only thing that would do this that I am aware of is if Keyrite was still open. Try running the installation while Keyrite is closed, and then see if it will upgrade the software. Also, you may need to reboot before doing this again.
Old August 30th, 2013, 07:47 PM

No luck. I rebooted, ran the update, started Keyrite, and it says it's still v2.22.

So I tried downloading the update again from Keyrite (it comes in as a 222kb file). Then I closed Keyrite and tried running the update again. This time I got an error message: "C:\MTU\keyrite223.01setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

Last edited by Wayne Orlicki; August 30th, 2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old September 12th, 2013, 10:13 PM

I ran Keyrite again today. When it started up it displayed a message that an update to v2.23 was available. (I'm still running v2.22.)

I shut off my firewall and downloaded the file. The file size was 1,812 Kb and version 2.23.01.

I moved the .exe update file to my Keyrite program folder, closed Keyrite, and ran the update.

A message displayed saying that the update might not have been successful, and offered the option of running it again with the recommended settings. I selected that option.

When the hourglass cursor disappeared I ran Keyrite again. It was still v2.22.

I rebooted and ran Keyrite again. Still v2.22.

I rebooted and ran the update again, then ran Keyrite again. Still v2.22.

I've also noticed that every time I download the update, it comes in as a different file size, so far ranging anywhere from 61 Kb to 1812 Kb.

Any suggestions?

I'm operating in Windows 7.

Last edited by Wayne Orlicki; September 12th, 2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old September 13th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

I don't have keyrite myself but did just download the file to check the size of it as you reported different sizes. The size of the file I downloaded is 6.53Mb so it seems you are not getting the full file.

I have had similar problems with other software that failed to download completely and found I had to remove all traces of the previous failed file before I could get the full download.

So try this, first delete the previous update file, instead of downloading the new one from within keyrite go to http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/keyrite.htm

Download 2.23 from there and choose the option to Run instead of Save, it will download then ask if you want to run it so again choose Run. See how you get on with that.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 13th, 2013, 05:57 AM

Thumbs up Re: Keyrite Upgrade Installation Problem

That worked for me. Thank you, Roy!
Old September 13th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Great .

I'll close this thread now.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Closed Thread