MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old December 13th, 2002, 10:34 AM

Please help our Microstuido Ratings on CNET

We have some very poor ratings on Cnet's download site. These don't seem to be truthful, due to what clients put in our forums. We would like for our clients to go to their website and place truthful opinions on Microstudio. We would be very greatful if this would be done. If you place a response in CNET please email dougc@mtu.com so that he knows that you have put a response on the site. Please post any experiences with MTU as a company also.

Click here to go to the download site at CNET.
Old December 15th, 2002, 12:10 AM

Disagree

I disagree with you asking people to do something like this. If 40% of the people dislike the product, then you have to take a step back and ask yourself.... What are WE doing wrong? I personally think you have a VERY GOOD product! I found it easy to download, work with and understand, but that doesn't mean, everybody has had the same experience. You have to ask yourself, is there ANYTHING I could do different, that would make it easier for people who are having problems? You might have a seperate Email address for people who are just using the Demo's. I personally have seen problems on the forum, that have not been answered in days. Perhaps when a person clicks to download a Demo, a paragraph might open, stating... If you have any problems downloading, installing, operating or understanding any of our Demo's, please contact us at MTU.com/Demo. Also, maybe at the end of the paragraph, they have to check a box, stating that they have read the information. Only then, will the Demo download.
I am not trying to make MTU the bad guy, because your not. I believe a really high percentage would agree, MTU and it's customers have a great relationship. But, then there are some people who would bitch, even if you hung them with a new rope!!!

One Happy Customer
Ernie
Old December 15th, 2002, 01:30 AM
Frequent Member

SORRY, ERNIE......DISAGREE WITH YOUR POSTION

MTU is getting a un-deserved ratings on CNET.

I read all the negative comments and it is clear these persons are not using the correct Hardware, Discs and probably haven't even read the operating instructions of the Software.

If you disagree with the negative comments being posted on CNET.....MTU is merely suggesting you go to the site and SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT.

I know if I was marketing an excellent product and it was getting bad press, of course I would ask my customers to spread the word that this isn't the case, to set the record straight.
Old December 15th, 2002, 07:54 AM

kjzone, I need to agree with you, I see so many people that have downloaded then can't get it to work because they don't have a supported burner, then complain because their burner won't work. Maybe MTU needs to put the supported burners in a more noticeable pull down??
But before I downloaded it or bought my burner I went looking for what would work.
Lets face it there are very many levels of computer user ability, I've helped people on the threads that I wondered how they learned to tie their shoes, and others just need that little bit of advise to make it work.
I'm not sure how I would have handled the CNET if it was my company the posts were about?? But I did post my opinion..

Jim
Old December 15th, 2002, 08:30 AM

I agree with JIM and KJZONE, and feel that some of the downright ludicrous comments against Microstudio are more than likely the work of disgruntled competitors. No one even halfway computer literate could come up with some of those way out comments. I see some as obvious ploys to sidetrack potential buyers away from MTU to their own products, especially the ones that plant fear that your burner may not work, etc. after installing Microstudio Absolutely ridiculous.

Another thing ERNIE needs to consider is that none of us knew about CNET, and all MTU did in advising us and asking for support was level the playing field.

George
Old December 16th, 2002, 10:10 AM

We greatly apreciate all of your kind comments. We just want the potential clients to get the honest truth about the product. As most of you have said, those were not honest opinions of every client, but a handful that seemed to want to bash the company. We don't want a handful of unhappy clients or potential clients out there to demote our reputation due to a problem with the CDR drive or the ASPI drivers.

The next demo should be alot better, as it will have the ASPI drivers embedded into it, as will the full release of Microstudio. We are still trying to work out all the bugs in this software, so that we can get it released.

Again, Thank you for all your comments.
Old December 19th, 2002, 08:02 AM

Ernie....

I'm not sure I agree with you either. I think MTU asking it's clients to give feedback is no different than you or I asking someone who knows us to assist in defending our "Good Name".

I admit I too had some difficulty at first, but with help from other users in the Forum and the Support Staff things are great. Especially once I figured out it was a "user malfunction" and not a program error!! I have since recommended this product to several people and reminded them to check the list of burners to make sure what they want to use will work, (to me that isn't rocket science) before they invest their money.

Jim
Old January 2nd, 2003, 03:19 PM

My .02 worth...

I've been with MTU For over 3 years and back in the "old days" with Disc Architect, we didn't even have a GUI with nice little radio buttons. It either worked, or it didn't. Additionally, you had to have SOME pc knowledge to use the product. Now it seems any old "Joe" can copy CD+G and start a business with threatens those of us that make a living with karaoke.

For all of the support, FREE updates and great software, I think it's the least I can do for MTU to make a few positive comments about my positive experiences with their company on CNet.

I currently have a suite of software titles that I use in combination to accomplish different tasks but by FAR, MTU's product is the most intuitive and the easiest to use.

One final comment on the company....
MTU has been in business for a long time. It's unusual that you'd get help from the president of ANY company nowadays because the personal aspect has been removed. There's a reason they remain in tough times and it's unfortunate that more people can't see it. With all the selfishness, you wonder why the economy and the world are in such poor condition? It's almost too bad MTU is not publicly traded...I'd buy stock.

Keep up the good work guys...I'm very happy as a SENIOR member.
Old January 3rd, 2003, 11:42 AM
Frequent Member

Re: Please help our Microstuido Ratings on CNET

As of today's date of January 4, 2003 MicroStudio has a 78% User Thumbs UP and and Average user rating of 4 out of 5.

THIS IS MORE REFLEXTIVE OF THE PROGRAM FROM THE RATINGS IN DECEMBER OF 2002.

IF YOU HAVEN'T EXPRESSED YOUR RATINGS.... GO TO THE BELOW LINK AND POST THEM.........

Click here to go to the download site at CNET. [/b][/quote]
Old January 7th, 2003, 02:11 PM

I think before you ask us users to post positive the program has to work. No response to tech support on the karaoke playback issues will not warrent a positive response. Get the program working right first.
Old January 7th, 2003, 02:17 PM

Videopro

You just registered this month. This is your first post indicating a problem, and you've been waiting a few weeks for support(that's what you said on another thread today) ? MS 2.400 only been out for 10 days as of today.

If you will follow items 3-8 under MTU CUSTOMER SUPPORT that came with your download instructions, perhaps one of us, or MTU staff support through regular channels can help.

Last edited by George; January 7th, 2003 at 03:31 PM.
Old January 7th, 2003, 02:29 PM

The update only recently came out also. Instead of bashing me for only recently registering why not help me solve the problem instead????
Old January 7th, 2003, 02:49 PM

Videopro,

Your post was not consistent with the apparant facts. That's all, no bashing intended. You give us no info what so ever regarding your p.c specs, CDR brand and model, os, cpu model and speed, and more specifically what is the problem, and what version of Microstudio you are having the problem with. Is it an upgrade from an older version or a clean, new install of 4.200 ?

You want some help, be helpful.
Old January 7th, 2003, 06:37 PM

Smile MTU SUPPORTS MY PROBLEMS, I'LL SUPPORT THIERS

IF YOU USE THE PRODUCT AND ARE SATISFIED WITH IT, WHY NOT RATE IT WITH YOUR HONEST OPINION? I WILL AND HAVE POSTED
MY SUPPORT, AFTER ALL, MTU GIVES US SUPPORT, AND I HAVE
BEEN VERY PLEASED WITH THE WAY THEY CONDUCT BUISNESS.
I WILL DEFEND THIER PRODUCT FROM PEOPLE SAYING IT IS NO GOOD, BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT MOST PROBLEMS ARE NOT THE PRODUCT, BUT THE USER, NOT ALL, BUT THE MAJORITY OF THEM. FURTHERMORE, WHEN MTU HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF A PROBLEM, THEY PROMTLY GET ON TOP OF IT AND OFFER THIER
SOLUTION.
JUST MY BELIEF,
DOUG/
DOUG M
Old January 7th, 2003, 07:14 PM

So far they have no solution for my problem
Old January 7th, 2003, 07:57 PM

And if the problem turns out to be your video card, or something of the sort, will you post that here also?
Old January 7th, 2003, 08:03 PM
Frequent Member

George......

It appears Videopro has a NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200
I know a lot of people have problems with this card.
I posted several Links to Videopro how to troubleshoot this card with his Dell Computer and Win XP. Mr. Cox also thinks it's the video card.

I know MTU recommends ATI Video Cards and I have stayed with the ATI Video Cards.
Old January 7th, 2003, 08:03 PM

What is your problem. I have programs running alot more complicated & expensive than MTU with no issues. This is the only program with issues. The older version worked. The problem began with the new version.
Old January 8th, 2003, 12:51 AM

VIDEO DRIVER FOR KJZONE

KJZONE, THE NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200 DRIVER HAS CAUSED ME A FEW PROBLEMS, NOT THE CARD BUT AGP PROCESSOR ITSELF.
I HAVE FOUND A DRIVER THAT WAS INTRODUCED TO ME BY A BUDDY OF MINE THAT WILL SLOW DOWN THE 3D ACELLERATOR,
NOT ENOUGH TO NOTICE BY THE HUMAN EYE, BUT ENOUGH TO CORRECT SOME PROBLEMS. PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG, IT MIGHT NOT CORRECT THAT PETICULAR PROBLEM, BUT, WHO KNOWS, I HAVEN'T TRIED IT ON THAT TYPE OF APPLICATION.
I WILL UPDATE THIS THREAD TOMMOROW WITH A LINK FOR YOU, AT THIS MOMENT I AM AT A REMOTE COMPUTER AND DON'T HAVE
THAT LINK HANDY.
HOPE IT HELPS,
DOUG M
Old January 10th, 2003, 04:23 AM

MTU = Best around for CD+G Backup!

Hello,

Just want to say that I really RATE MTU.COM for backing up CD+G. Just get a plextor CD Drive, downloaded software from MTU and you are away!!!!!

Had a slight problem due to MY thickness but Bryan Cox soon got in touch with me and helped me sort it out! Thanks Bryan.

I really recommend it! Use the software with confidence!!!

Oh yeah - u can even play your CD+G discs on your PC using this software!!!

Ashes1one
Closed Thread