MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 2 Help

Keyrite 2 Help Post Keyrite 2 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 20th, 2005, 04:56 PM

Pitching Down

When I drop a song down even only 1 step...its REALLY sounds bad. I have the top of the line sound blaster card. what can I do? there is like a sub-harmonic in the bass that sounds like its detuned. I sing "Walking in Memphis" from sound choice and it sounds absolutely terrible down 1. The piano warbles in the intro. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tim

Old May 21st, 2005, 09:53 AM

Version #?

There are two versions of Keyrite. My most recent memory is that there is a 1500 version, and a 2008 version. (all recent "upgrades" seem geared around downloading, installing, and message changing and are not geared around quality changing)

What are you using?

If you are using the 1500 version, you are not alone in your complaints. It is basically the original version. Several users had complaints, though a few seemed to find this version very satisfactory. I used this version but had more than the occasional cringe.

MTU did some tweaking and came up with a newer version, numbered in the 2000's and the vast majority of users seemed very happy with the improvements.

Of course nothing is perfect, and even the new version leaves residual effects. However, I know of nothing better that will quickly change the key of cdg files.

There is no way to tweak the Keyrite program, so in that sense, there is nothing else you can do. Upgrading to 2xxx should definitely help, if that is not what you are using.

There are programs which allow you to split bin files into mp3's etc. Mp3's can be changed into waves, (and back again)and there are several wave editors out there. However, for dealing with cdg files, Keyrite 2xxx is the best I've seen.
Old May 21st, 2005, 01:31 PM
Administrator

We are aware the -1 change value does have some warble in it. We will tweak the 12 parameters for that value within several months for Keyrite 2.1.

If you have version 1.4, I don't see us modify that. It is antique code today. Our efforts today are in 2.1.