MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 15th, 2012, 10:34 AM

KMA to mp3+G

I downloaded and read the instructions to use this program. I went to my source KMA files and then set my target which is an external hardrive and created a folder to store the convertd file. I start the file conversion and on every conversion I get a bell which means and error. No files are converting. I also went to the link to get the Lame file and it is empty and doen not exist. I went to the mtu site and found another link. still empty. I do have about 3 Lame downloaded to my download file. I remember something about putting this file in the system. Does the lame file have to be installed first before it will convert. I thought it was used more to read the file.This shouldnt be so difficult to use,and why dont they design this without this lame file having to be imported. One issue I am wondering is that I have only 14 gig of space left on my Laptop. I have a song library of 3,700 songs. Is it possible that the lack of available storage could be a factor.
David
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Re: KMA to mp3+G

I just checked out the link for the Lame encoder and something has happened to how it displays, i will inform Support about it.
In the meantime here is a copy of the instructions for it with the link below that:

Follow these directions to install MP3 support on your computer.
  1. At right, Left-click on the "Download LAME MP3 Encoder [current version]" link at the top. Even if you run 64-bit Windows, click on the First file.
  2. Select download.
  3. If a color bar appears at the top of your browser window, click it and then click the drop down menu "Download file...".
  4. Choose where to store it on your computer, and click the "Save" button.
  5. When download is done, click the "Open Folder" button
  6. Unzip the "lame_enc.zip" file.
  7. Extract or copy only the "lame_enc.dll" file to your "C:\Windows\System" directory if you have Windows 7 or Vista. If you have Windows Xp, then Extract it to the "C:\Windows\System32" directory.
  8. Read if System is missing
  9. Your computer now has MP3 support.
If your System folder is hidden:
  1. Open Windows Explorer
  2. Click Tools Tab
  3. Click Folder Options
  4. At the top click View
  5. Find Show Hidden Files and Folders, click to activate it
  6. Uncheck the next two lines below and answer YES to warning message
  7. At the bottom click Apply
  8. Click OK and again OK on first window
  9. Find C:\Windows and click "+"
  10. Scroll down to System and copy Lame_enc.dll into it
Try this link to download the the file:
http://www.free-codecs.com/Lame_Encoder_download.htm

Where you say you only have 14 Gig left that could be a problem if you are selecting too many in one go, try selecting a few at a time.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:21 AM

Thanks for the reply. I do have a copy of the lame file on my computer. When I go to open it ,it says its empty. I did a copy paste to the windows system32 folder. It is in that file and shows as a zip file. This is getting a little over my head about the zip file.
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

In the instructions it tells you to extract the files and just paste the "lame_enc.dll" into the system 32 folder. not paste the zip file there.

What I would do if I was you is download it again. Then right click on the downloaded zip file and in the window that pops up you should see "Extract All" select that and another dialog will probably ask where you want it extracted to, you can let it extract to the same folder then you will have another copy that is in an ordinary folder with the same name but without the zip extension, open that folder and look for the file "lame_enc.dll" right click on that and select "copy" then paste that in your System32 folder, if you have windows 7 paste a copy there as well.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:43 AM

I have succeeded in getting it to work. It is a lot of detail for my technoolgy level. I got the file unzipped and got the specific file copied and pasted to the windows32 file. I am now converting the file to the external hardrive and feel relieved of this hassel. Thanks so much for your help. They need to look at a way to make this program work a little easier without all the additions to make it work right. The drive space is not an issue ,it is converting all of the file over with no problem.
David

Thanks for being available. Not to be mean and nasty ,but the tech support at MTU is slow and not very reponsive. They are hard to work with in my expereience. I love the hoster ,but would not recommend it due to the lack of support from MTU. Just my experience.

David