MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 15th, 2007, 09:30 PM

Thumbs up SongVerter 1.000 MP3 Won't Work - Fix: Install recommended Lame_enc.dll

I just purchased SongVerter 1.0, downloaded it and installed it. It installed fine and launches fine. But whenver I try to convert from any format to any other format, I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error that says:

Runtime Error:

Program: C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Songverter\Songverter.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I had a feeling I should have waited until the bugs were worked out.

I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition with all the latest updates and patches applied.

Anyone else experiencing problems with SongVerter?

Thanks,

Steve
Dayton, OH
Old August 16th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Would that be the Custom Updates from Microsoft's Update page or just the Express/Auto updates?
The only time I have seen this type of problem was when I had some of the older Microstudio created CDG (not associated with MP3) files in the folder I was working with. Renaming them with BIN extension cured that problem though.
Exactly what conversions were you trying?
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:19 AM
VIP

I was getting this same error message from one of my programs on one of my computers about 6 months ago, and after a lot of googling I found a small freebie program called "tsf disable" that makes some change to the registry. After using that I never had another problem.

I still keep a copy of it. I can send it to you if you like.
Sam
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:12 AM

Unhappy Songverter won't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Would that be the Custom Updates from Microsoft's Update page or just the Express/Auto updates?
The only time I have seen this type of problem was when I had some of the older Microstudio created CDG (not associated with MP3) files in the folder I was working with. Renaming them with BIN extension cured that problem though.
Exactly what conversions were you trying?
1. I did the Custom Updates from Microsoft's Update Page. As of last night, there were absolutely no updates that I was missing from my PC.

2. It doesn't matter what source or destination format I try to convert to. It seemingly goes through the conversion process and just about where it seems it's going to write the file, it crashes with the previously mentioned error each and every single time.

Steve
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Send Sam a private message and get a copy of the program he has and see if that will fix it.
Old August 16th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Steve, you might have a bad downloaded file. Download the code again.

We went through 9 beta test releases and no one had any problems at the end.
Old August 17th, 2007, 11:26 PM

Unhappy Still Having Same Problem with Songverter

Dear MTU:

I removed Songverter from my PC, downloaded it again and reinstalled it and I'm still getting the same error.

My PC is an HP Pavilion, Pentium 2.80 GHz, 2.0 GB RAM, running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002, Service Pack 2. I have Hoster, Microstudio and KHPro running fine on this PC. Songverter just will not run, period. It goes through the splitting and converting audio file process. I don't know what it's supposed to do after that but it crashes each and every time with the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error I mentioned in my original post.

I really would have loved to have this application run on my PC. It would have seen a lot of use. However, since I cannot get it to run, I respectfully request that MTU refund my $29.95 purchase price. I have attached a Word document showing a snapshot of the error I get. If you want to take remote control of my PC and see the error for yourself, I don't mind doing that also.

Thanks,

Steve
Attached Files
File Type: doc Songverter.doc (203.5 KB, 10 views)
Old August 17th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator

One point that hasn't been brought up Steve is did you download and add the lame_enc.dll file to your C:\Windows\System32 folder for the MP3 functions?
Old August 18th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaseysd View Post
DI really would have loved to have this application run on my PC. It would have seen a lot of use. However, since I cannot get it to run, I respectfully request that MTU refund my $29.95 purchase price. I have attached a Word document showing a snapshot of the error I get. If you want to take remote control of my PC and see the error for yourself, I don't mind doing that also.
Steve, something is clearly going on that we are not aware of. We really would like to work with you to find out what it is.

Is there a time during Mon-Fri we could reach you? I know where you work, and you may not have the computer in front of you.

If not, please post a day and time you would have the computer available and you be there to diagnose with us.

If you want to return Songverter for a refund, please submit a Web Email and state that, and select PAYMENT for the Department.
Old August 20th, 2007, 09:25 AM

Debugging Songverter on my PC

Dear MTU:

I generally work from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. I can arrange to take off an hour or so early one day, perhaps this coming Wednesday, August 22nd, 2007, and be at home at the computer. I could be home by 4:15 PM and be ready to take your call.

Please give me a number where I can call you to inform you that I'm available to do the trouble-shooting. Who should I ask for? I believe you have my home phone number on file. You can just call me at that number.

I'd like to try this first before requesting the refund.

Thanks,

Steve
Old August 30th, 2007, 05:19 PM

Had Exact Same Problem

I had the exact same problem. Did you ever resolve yours? See my response to rcrosier problem within this forum and my response from MTU support team which was not helpful.
Old August 30th, 2007, 08:33 PM

Songverter Problem

No, it was never resolved but one of the technicians wrote me and wanted me to install a special version of the software that would create a trace log. I'm traveling this week and won't be back in the States until next Monday. Perhaps after I install that software with the trace log, they'll be able to detect why we can't run their software.

Thanks,

Steve
Old August 30th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
No, it was never resolved but one of the technicians wrote me and wanted me to install a special version of the software that would create a trace log. I'm traveling this week and won't be back in the States until next Monday. Perhaps after I install that software with the trace log, they'll be able to detect why we can't run their software.
Steve,

Did you happen to get the lame_enc.dll that MTU points you to? If not, you might want to find the lame_enc.dll on your computer, rename it to something else, and then start Songverter.exe. It will direct you to a version of lame_enc.dll that is compatible with Songverter. This could be the problem (it is noted as a possibility in sassypatty's other thread). Let us know if this does anything to resolve this issue.
Old September 7th, 2007, 06:22 PM

dll file

Steve: see my last post to rcrosier regarding using mtu suggested lame dll file. Did you ever try it? If you did, are you still having problems? Hope your trip was good.
Old September 7th, 2007, 07:41 PM

Smile Songverter and lame_enc.dll

Believe it or not, I didn't have lame_enc.dll in my C:\windows\system directory. I had an older version (2004) in my shared documents directory. After MTU told me to locate this file in my C:\windows\system directory and send it to them, I located the older version I had, copied it to the C:\windows\system directory and WALLAH! Everything works fine now.

MTU was super in working with me on resolving this issue. I have one suggestion for them though. Since Songverter requires lame_enc.dll, the installation routine shouyld check to make sure the file is available and if it's not, then install a compatible version.

Thanks,

Steve
Old September 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
MTU was super in working with me on resolving this issue. I have one suggestion for them though. Since Songverter requires lame_enc.dll, the installation routine shouyld check to make sure the file is available and if it's not, then install a compatible version
I can answer this one for you. The reason that the lame_enc.dll is not distributed via the Install program is because of licensing issues with the owner of the MP3 patent(s).

If the dll file is on your system, then it is available for use. It is also available at several download sites.

Songverter 1.001 is well on its way to a web browser near you. This version will check to see if the full and necessary lame mp3 implementation is available in the lame_enc.dll file and warn the user if it is not.